When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Have Experience with raffles-time 6538 Case?

JoeyB

.... You could probably fit a 2846 in there.....

He has rings to accept ETA, DG/Miyota/SeaGull. Personally, if you want slow beat, just use the disposable DG/Miyota/SeaGull. EVERY 2846 that has come across my desk has been in need of full service. On the 21.6 side, it is hard to beat the DG 2813 anymore.

That seems to be the biggest problem I find with no gaurd rep cases. All the dials I'm looking at from Ingod, Yuki or Ndt seem to be 27mm. Anyone know of lower cost 37-38mm no gaurd cases for 27 mm dials?

Are the higher $ cases from Phong, J&W, or Yuki the only answer to build a vintage no gaurd watch?

My 5508 is bulit using the Silix/ Cartel as a base. I however am not satisfied.

there are no accurate case-set on the market except for Phong's. Any new/ more accurate case-set would be appreciated.

Here is a pic of my The Zigmeister bulit 5508. I softened the edge of the case.

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

Yep, Silix and the cartels take the 28.5mm dial, which is not a problem, I can make that dial. As pointed out, the lugs can be taken down some, and a bevel put to it. I'm wondering how the bezel is mounted, and the crystal. Gen-like, or the spring? Gasket/ring or glue?

I have one waiting at the post office to pick up this afternoon, according to the seller all the large crowns have logos, the small crowns do not. If you want a large crown sterile he will send the case out to machine it out. I'll try and post some pictures tonight of the case.

• 2 weeks later...