When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I can jump puddles.

mastrmindalliance

I know this is pretty pedestrian for many of you but, usually when I mod a watch I end up breaking three watches in the process.

Here's my first successful/useful mods ever.

Platinum hibeat movement from josh:

movement.jpg

Flattened/polished canon:

cpin.jpg

Crown spacing. Is this enough?

crown.jpg

^^ also refinished the CG and pin. The brushing on mine was pretty rough before and the pin sat proud. I smoothed the roller pin. Not nearly as much as gen, but a slight improvement. Will have another stab at it. I added panatime lugs screws cos they're flatter and slightly longer.

Would love to hear some critiques if I've gotten something wrong or not enough, missed something etc... :)

Thanks to all the great peeps at RWG and WC for picking faults and posting how to fix them.

cpin-wrist.jpg

:D

Super work :thumbsupsmileyanim: , I know how easy is ruin H factory "powder coated" hands black paint surface. And second hand reinstall is always pain:)

But if you do it by yourself, you can always be 100% sure, that dial is cleaned and under sapphire is no dust.

I resetted the hands. i found it best to set at 12 like normal but because the minute hands covers the hour it can be slightly off. It needed to be checked around the dial. I used the end of the sausage markers and point of the hands to get it spot on..

I had another go at the roller lever. Not like that gen pic the other day but much better than stock (looks better IRL):

roller.jpg

had another go at the crown too and actually refinished the inside of crown head neatly. Its lost a bit of snap though. Really need a source for theose flat orings:

crown2.jpg

These aren't really mods, but here's a pic showing the panatime lug screws. Not perfect but much better than the stock ones which were pointy at screw end and rounded at the head end. They also fill out the lug holes better - they're slightly longer:

lug1.jpg

lug2.jpg

And as Ebzen said (elsewhere). Necessity makes you grow a pair. It's also the mother of invention. So here's my panerai "custom non-marring handtool" (my pressers dont have a hole large enough)

handtool.jpg

Thanks again all :)

I resetted the hands. i found it best to set at 12 like normal but because the minute hands covers the hour it can be slightly off. It needed to be checked around the dial. I used the end of the sausage markers and point of the hands to get it spot on................

............And as Ebzen said (elsewhere). Necessity makes you grow a pair. It's also the mother of invention. So here's my panerai "custom non-marring handtool" (my pressers dont have a hole large enough)

handtool.jpg

Thanks again all :)

I usually install hands at 6 o`clock position. You can check at once that they are lined correctly. If 6 o´clock placement is ok all other positions are ok also. B)

Hand made "non- marring handtool"- I like it, I will replicate one for myself probably :D

So far I did use two toothpicks wrapped to thin film, they did the job perfectly also.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this old and boring thread but upon receiving a new order from Ptime i realise there's some misinformation above. The screws didn't come from them (On the screw head end, Panatime ones are short and pointy). These actually came from Aussie Ebay seller "twente(o)". I think they might be the same as WSO's.

• 1 month later...

+1. I usually use a chopstick with a hole bored out at the end. Yours is better! :thumbs:

So what do you do with the other one?

Make a spare? :)

Heheh, yeah they work really well. Although you do have to choose one with a firm eraser. The good thing is you can make them perfectly to suit if you have a good screwdriver set. I start the hole boring with a small Philips head and then choose the flat driver that matches the post size to finish. Don't forget to clean it out with rodico when done :)

With trial and error I've found it best to keep the hole fairly shallow.

The chopstick is a great idea too!

Sorry to bump this old and boring thread but upon receiving a new order from Ptime i realise there's some misinformation above. The screws didn't come from them (On the screw head end, Panatime ones are short and pointy). These actually came from Aussie Ebay seller "twente(o)". I think they might be the same as WSO's.

Well, at least he is a great guy, compared to mr slimeyballs... :)