When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ralex Submariner On The Bay

Chronus

There is a sub on sale on ebay here.

I enquired if it was 100% genuine with no aftermarket parts etc and if he was ok with me getting it checked out with r*l*x for authenticity. He said he bought it second hand and doesnt know if aftermarket parts were added. He was ok with it being checked for authenticity but would not give a refund as it is sold "as is".

I'm not going to bid. Crap pictures and paperwork etc can be got anywhere. Too big a risk to borrow money to get this and sell it on (which was my plan) :thumbdown:

THe seller is local to me(don't know him) and has bought the watch from the same dealer I bought my SD 2 weeks ago so I see no reason suspect anything really. They are a reputable Rolex dealer in Leeds. I always do private auctions for high end watches so the buyer/bidder does not get scammed by dodgy emails!!!

Over suspicious member here I think.

What bothered me was the reply from the seller who was not forthcoming with better pictures. A very low sale price as well, why would anyone sell something off so cheaply? Oh well.

If this was truly genuine and I was selling then my reserve price would have been a lot higher than what that clown sold it for, therefore I'd confidently say NOT genuine.

Added to that - the fact he wouldn't let a potential buyer pay cash and pick up seems suspicious.

I would also like to know how pro_expert_dan thinks he knows it to be genuine, based on the limited information and pictures available.

JTB

Dont worry or be scared of my knowledge and dont let it intimidate you. Hopefully i will be able to teach others.

Fine then.......we look forward with great anticipation to many many more of your precious pearls of wisdom. Now isn't it about time you got back to school. Lunchtime must be over by now.

JTB