When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Knife Sales On The Board

Finepics

The following items are banned from sale within the UK

How many times do I have to tell you......I DO NOT sell from within the UK......and I'm not responsible for the actions of ANY individual in any country.....!

Neither do I sell any of the knives 'quoted'.

Switchblades, automatics or 'flick-knives', gravity knives, balisongs or 'butterfly knives', push daggers, belt buckle knives, sword canes, or knuckle-duster knives"

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mods this thread has run its course

and is just a hoplophobe's rant

feel free to close anytime soon

outa here.......

a quote from the immortal Jeff Cooper:

"Individually, we do not bear arms because we are afraid. We bear arms

as a declaration of capacity. An armed man can cope - either in the city

or in the wilderness - and because he is armed, he is not afraid.

The hoplophobe fears and, yes, hates us, because we are not afraid. We

are overwhelmingly "other" than he, and in a way that emphasizes his

afflictions."

Jeff Cooper

the Vinnie Jones Ice Cubes that are presented to us....with gangsta rap....and all of that [censored]....that's what's causing it all....not knives.....which have been around for millenia....serving many purposes....!

I think there was violence before gangsta rap was around. Many rappers may glorify it, but why did they think it was "cool" in the beginning? Maybe the gun and liquor store in every poor neighbourhood coupled with poverty doesnt help? Hopelessness in these neighbourhoods can be addressed by government if they really wanted to.

To some extent, those determined enough sometimes claw themselves out of this situation, but there are many more have-nots that can't see any future for themselves.

The only REAL crime deterrent is an armed populace. And the deterrent of knowing you face an immediate violent death if you pull a knife on someone would solve that problem overnight.

The best way of doing this is with non-concealable weapons. If you can see the semi-automatic rifle strapped to someone's back and they can see yours, there wont (hopefully) be any violence. It should be deterrant enough.

Or we could have the wild west again.

I think there was violence before gangsta rap was around.

Violence has been around since the dawn of mankind......what hasn't been around is the glorification of violence......todays youth are insulated from reality by RPG....movies.....and media influnces....Gangsta rap is only one aspect of it......there are thousands of websites....magazines.....dedicated to the cult of celebrity and how to attain it.....even if that means portraying yourself as 'from the hood'....and being an extremely poor role model for future generations......the degradation of women..as sex objects.....resulting in the poor attitudes to women that's manifest everywhere.....( it's right here on this forum....you can see it every time you log in here...all of the juvenile members with jiggly [censored] and asses in their sig or avatar).....and using the old excuse of 'poor neighbourhoods"...is no excuse...many have grown up in those neighbourhoods and not fallen prey to the peer pressure that condemns them as wussy's instead of praising them for the positive stance and attitude that they have adopted.

Violence has and always will exist.......it's man's atavistic nature that perpetuates it.......we can't dial it out......but we can control the bandwidth...!

The best way of doing this is with non-concealable weapons. If you can see the semi-automatic rifle strapped to someone's back and they can see yours, there wont (hopefully) be any violence. It should be deterrant enough.

According to US history.....that didn't really work in the Wild West.....did it..?

Edited by TTK

Well.....don't hold ME responsible for YOUR stupidity......I know what I sell......if you can't read or see what's in front of you.......then that's your problem.....!

Be that as it may the Thais have a wonderful outlook...

I know. I love the pragmatic view they have. :Jumpy:

They don't have health-and-safety regulations like we do in the EU because they realise you have to be stupid to do some of the dangerous things and they're happy for that gene to be dialled out of the pool. :D

Well.....don't hold ME responsible for YOUR stupidity......I know what I sell......if you can't read or see what's in front of you.......then that's your problem.....!

How am I being stupid? I asked a question at the start of this thread and you have only just answered it. I am not a mind reader and have no way of knowing what you may or may not be selling.

If you were not too busy with the name calling and you had actually read my posts you could have answered my question a long time ago.......

You really have not shown yourself in the best light in this thread. All my posts have been polite in the least......

Cheers :)

I'm sorry, but my life doesnt evolve around the computer! I left and went into a club and just returned. and to be honest, I really drank too much to further discuss this. This is also the reason why I'm going to sleep now and wont discuss this any further.

I thought that ppl would understand the reference, because as far as I know, the video was posted in the HUMOR section a while ago, too!

But still, even tomorrow I wont be sorry, because I have insulted no more ppl with my remark to a CARTOON (for gods sake!) than other ppl, including TTK have. Just FYI TTK was the one who said that the black ppl of america should return to the BUSHES in africa where they came from (very nice pointing the finger at other ppl when you yourself post crap, right neil?). So think again WHO the racist is! definetly not me!

over and out!

good night!

I think slay being german hasn't helped. If he'd made a derogatory comment about arabs or muslims, he'd most likely be applauded or laughed with though. :g:

How am I being stupid?

Here's your answer...!

You do realise that is the first time you have mentioned you don't sell that type of weapon

I don't sell WEAPONS.....a knife is a tool.....it's not a gun....it only BECOMES a weapon.....when someone decides to use it as a weapon......same as cast iron lamp......baseball bat......tyre iron.....or any one of thousands of other 'tools'

I'd love to call YOU a 'tool'.....but a tool is a useful thing.....and that's something you ain't.......or maybe you are....you should be the 'tool' that is used to demonstrate to others......how NOT to be stupid....YOU could have answered YOUR own question by looking at what was being sold.......it's not incumbent upon me to EDUCATE you...!

Now you are just splitting hairs, whats in a name..........

Also you are changing the reasons why you wrongly called me stupid.........

I will leave this thread now, as it seems a normal discussion is not possible, you have to insult people who have thrown no insults towards you ........

Oh? Apart from killing, what is the purpose of a gun? In what way is it a tool?

Let's see... you can use it as a penis extension?

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :lol:

Now you are just splitting hairs, whats in a name..........

A knife can be used for splitting hairs......there's plenty in a name......!

Also you are changing the reasons why you wrongly called me stupid.........

No....I haven't changed my reason for calling you stupid....I was calling you stupid...because.....well.....you're stupid...!

You were seeking to use UK legislation as a tool...to discourage the sale of knives on these boards......you sought to engender fear by advising members that it might draw unwanted attention to our board.....WHY?....because someone was selling ILLEGAL WEAPONS......wrong.....you saw them as illegal weapons......none of which is the case......my items for sale are not ILLEGAL.....even in the UK......and none of them are weapons...the definition of a weapon is as follows.

'Metaphorically, anything used to damage (even psychologically) can be referred to as a weapon. A weapon can be as simple as a club or as complex as an intercontinental ballistic missile.'

So in and of itself...a knife is not a weapon.....unless someone turns it to that end.

A large number of members have bought 'weapons' on this forum....the Submariner that they purchased can be 'psychologically' used to embarrass....intimidate or otherwise damage someone else's ..self esteem....self worth....ad infinitum....!

I will leave this thread now, as it seems a normal discussion is not possible, you have to insult people who have thrown no insults towards you ........

Wrong again.......it's your stupidity that offends and insults me.....!

I think it's a good idea that you do leave this discussion now......you'll save yourself a shitload of embarrrasment.

Edited by TTK

My favorites is the Laguiole, a traditional hand-crafted knife from the southwest of France (mine has an ivory handle, made before the ban on such materials):

I have a six piece steak knife set made by them (exactly as per your photos but non folding)

Strangely tho we've had no fatalities at the dining table so far. Is this because they are cowardly French knives, or just the knives = carnage argument is just a crock ?????? .............Perplexed

Wow, RWG 1 is back. The only question I have after 20 minutes of reading (shows how pathetic I am - although it is 7 am and thank god the kids are still asleep) is whether this type of loop is a good thing or simply a return to the name calling of RWG 1. Why do I say name calling? Because in all of these loops people rarely change their tune. They simply step up to the soap box and say their piece.

So here is my question (and I am, perhaps briefly if at all, redirecting this thread): Are these kind of loops constructive to the forum? I don't know. Really wondering out loud.

By the way, the U.S. isn't that bad. And in the case of NYC violent crime has drastically reduced so we are heading in the right direction. :)

My favorites is the Laguiole, a traditional hand-crafted knife from the southwest of France (mine has an ivory handle, made before the ban on such materials):

Interesting! My wife & I have visited their Paris boutique several times and have collected a few. Beautiful workmanship. Their sales ladies are drop dead gorgeous. :wub:

Reg, no fatalities or injuries at our dinner table either. :D BTW, many thanks for the sticky ball.....works like a charm!

I am sorry to hear of your brothers tragedy, I too have had someone close to me take their own life, it doesn't change my opinion of the selfish act.

Why is it selfish ? Is it not also selfish that you want them to stay in the tortured state that they may be just so you don't have to deal with them being gone? Would you rather they live a life of pain just to satisfy you?

It's sad for everyone left, but maybe no one was there to help that person descend further and further into pain until they couldn't deal with it any more? Would you want them to live like that?

Religious people (or those with a belief in some form of god) tend to call it selfish, but if there is no proof of a god what compunction is there to follow the "holy" books?

Sorry for the little rant there, I just get annoyed with people blaming the person who has died. They did it for a reason (whatever that may be) out of their own free will.

NB. I am neither for or against suicide, and I sympathise with those who have lost others to suicide. And sorry for thread-jacking, please return to the topic of knives.

I have a six piece steak knife set made by them (exactly as per your photos but non folding)

Strangely tho we've had no fatalities at the dining table so far. Is this because they are cowardly French knives, or just the knives = carnage argument is just a crock ?????? .............Perplexed

Use freedom knives, not French knives ! :lol:

This thread is really disturbing and I am not talking about the subject. It's just very sad to see how people insult each other just to prove their own point of view. Why can't all of us be more civilized defending our opinions? This is the place we all enjoy, can we keep it more civil?

And the last question - is this forum rule not applicable anymore???

4) Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. Profanity and insults will not be tolerated.