When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Knife Sales On The Board

Finepics

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same reason some people have an obsession/Fascination with watches, stamps, art, etc.....

To each his own I guess...

Nope...not the same reasons. Take a closer look....

You can kill someone with pretty much anything.

It is the defective people that must be banned.

Weapon bans take the weapons out of the wrong hands

and make victims of law abiding citizens. In a town where

everyone is armed, everyone is very cordial to each other

and quite careful to avoid misunderstandings.

That "jew gold" comment wouldn't fly in this town.

OK, are these replica knifes or gens? :D Hey, lets add a knife repair and upgrade section, ya know, to answer questions like "just stabbed a chap today and broke the tip of my tanto, where do I source a new blade?" or "my new N.....a knife got all bloody and yack, after trying it out today, how do I polish it", or how about some mods for knifes, guards for instance? B) Or some wrist shots of knifes, like here is my new knife, and here is my new knife stuck into my buddy's leg... And does anybody do AR coating for 440 blades or would it stick better on 420J, how about carbon steel, how ya coat that? I mean there are lots of reasons why we could discuss knifes on this board, why not when you think of it?

You can kill someone with pretty much anything.

It is the defective people that must be banned.

Weapon bans take the weapons out of the wrong hands

and make victims of law abiding citizens. In a town where

everyone is armed, everyone is very cordial to each other

and quite careful to avoid misunderstandings.

Why should I have to be cordial to everyone, and avoid misunderstanding? Misunderstanding are a part of life...Getting stabbed or shot shouldn't be.

Avitt, I, too, am saddened by your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I, like many others, do not get the attraction of knives, or guns for that matter. But watches are a male-dominated hobby, and many members here like cars, motorcycles, audio-video equipment, and guitars, as well as guns and knives. So even though I don't get the fascination, and generally support gun control laws, I don't see the need at this time to restrict knife-related discussions or advertisements. If they became too prominent and knife enthusiasts started to be as numerous as watch enthusiasts, then I might suggest that they find their own forum and leave this one to its original focus. But until then, lack of interest among members will do better to limit undesirable advertisements than outright censorship.

Finepics, I'd also like to say that I appreciate and admire your raising this question for discussion.

OK, are these replica knifes or gens? :D Hey, lets add a knife repair and upgrade section, ya know, to answer questions like "just stabbed a chap today and broke the tip of my tanto, where do I source a new blade?" or "my new N.....a knife got all bloody and yack, after trying it out today, how do I polish it", or how about some mods for knifes, guards for instance? B) Or some wrist shots of knifes, like here is my new knife, and here is my new knife stuck into my buddy's leg... And does anybody do AR coating for 440 blades or would it stick better on 420J, how about carbon steel, how ya coat that? I mean there are lots of reasons why we could discuss knifes on this board, why not when you think of it?

How old are you.........10. If you can`t contribute in an adult manner then please dont respond.

Every person has it`s own boundaries as to what is acceptable on this board. For very understandable reasons Avitt has very strict ones (who wouldn`t in his situation). Others like me are not in his situation (thank god) and can look at knives as a tool and sometimes as a piece off art (nanuq`s gift to his son as a perfect example). And i don`t mind them being here on the board. I don`t like guns on this forum so that is my boundary. Strange....maybe but for me a knife is not a weapon perse but a gun is. But that are just my thoughts and my 0,2 cents

Why should I have to be cordial to everyone, and avoid misunderstanding? Misunderstanding are a part of life...Getting stabbed or shot shouldn't be.

The point being that when you know everyone else has a gun, despite being a part of life you are more careful to try and avoid them.

And I agree that banning weapons takes the weapons out of the hands of the law abiding people, not so much the criminals.

Mom and Pop down the street who are good people probably would turn their guns in, but a criminal is not going to say "Well darnit, I will have to rob people at knife point because there is a ban on guns" they will more likely say "Sweet! The chances of someone I rob having a gun are lower now and my gun is even more threatening!".

Sure bans remove some weapons across the board, but it tends to simply increase the ratio of armed potential criminals to armed good people who need to protect themselves.

Not quite the same but I read an article where it was reported that with every safety precaution added to the modern autombile, drivers get progressively more careless. The safest car would be one with no seatbelts and a huge metal spike pointed directly from the steering column to the drivers heart.

While it sounds stupid, I can vouch that while in China I experienced driving that would make New York cabbies flinch on a regular basis, but yet I never saw an accident (they happen but are quite rare)... I attribute it to people not wearing seatbelts and realizing they need to remain astute and not depend on others "defensive driving" to save their butts. I know not exactly an analogous situation but still good to think about...

Edited by Devedander

Shouldn't that list include stuff like girls, beer or football rather then guns and knives? Just a thought...

Actually, I was going to make it cars, babes, motorcycles, babes, audio-video equipment, babes, guitars-- and babes-- as well as guns and knives. And yes, football and beer ....and scotch.... definitely belong as well.

Wow I seem to have sparked a debate! Interesting that most of the members that don't have a problem with this are US based and I am not suprised (please do not take any offence at this remark).

Certainly in the UK the number of violent crimes involving a knife are relatively small in terms of overall national violent crime, about 5% in the year 2005, but a very sad statistic is that 1 in 10 schoolchildren between the ages of 10-17 yrs (and that is an official figure which are always grossly underestimated) carry a knife. A lot of fatal stabbings recently having press attention have involved teenagers.

I have just been doing some more research into this and have found that statistically gun offences in London equate to 6 per 10,000 population per year which means an average of about 4,500 gun related crimes in London in the year 2005!!! This figure is only 2% of all national recorded violent crime but knives are involved in 5% of all recorded national violent crime. Homicide accounts for only 1% of Gun and Knife realated crime so is a relatively small figure although the risk of serious injury is 4.5 times greater when a knife is used to assist a crime than a gun. These figures come from the UK Home Office.

Sure are a lot of opinions in here....and a lot of kettles calling the pot black....whilst it's ok and perfectly acceptable to buy items that are ILLEGAL by virtue of copyright....knives......which in most countries are perfectly legal...are not suitable for sale....I've sold quite a number of knives on various forums..from TRC to RWG 1 and here....none of my customers to the best of my knowledge have gone out and stabbed anybody....and in fact I've always had a good response to my knife sales....you see...when you sell someone a gun...it has only one purpose....to kill...animals or people.........when you sell someone a knife...it can have many purposes...from opening U-Haul boxes....to cutting leather for watch straps.....from gutting fish to cutting your shoe laces off quickly when your foot is itching like blazes.

@avitt.....my sympathies regarding your loss....however if a knife hadn't been available...an axe or a brick or some other 'weapon' would have been used......it's in the nature of human beings...whose nature it is to kill....regardless of what is available to them or not.

But using the logic expressed above as to what is suitable....this is a watch forum first and foremost....so ANYTHING that has NOTHING to do with watches...should be banned....no pens...no handbags....no sunglasses....just a blanket ban on anything but watches. and or straps etc etc.

I n fact why don't we just go the whole hog and make the whole site legitimate....no more reps......only genuines.....!

As for Slay...I told you he was a bigoted [censored]....!

No [censored]....but I do have a customer near you in London.....maybe I can offer him an inducement to come round and give you a little [censored] in the ass.....maybe then you can justify your comments....:D

Oh and BTW.....I don't have a fascination nor an obsession with knives.....I have an appreciation of them....!

Edited by TTK

Neil - I'm not suggesting that you or any other dealer should be banned from selling knives here and I would not think for a minute that any of our members are potential homicidal maniacs - my intention was just to question their presence here at all. This is nothing to do with copyright infringement - a watch is a piece of male jewellry (in most cases - ladies forgive me) - our Jimmy Choos, an adornment, status symbol even (even though we rep owners are arguably fakes as well) - a knife is none of those. Sure I could stab someone with a Mont Blanc pen but you have to admit that the knives on sale here are not simple tools like a swiss army knife - these are macho instruments that may serve a practical purpose but nonetheless are also designed as a weapon (mind you I could kill someone with my 187 I suppose but then I'd risk losing the bloody bezel markers!).