When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Knife Sales On The Board

Finepics

Being a Londoner, and a Brixtonian, we have a real problem at the moment with knife crime. Every week someone is stabbed to death in often motivelsss attacks and most people surveyed in a recent crime survey were more afraid of being stabbed than being shot (I know the UK does not have quite the same gun problem as the US but that is out of all proportion here as well) and I am alarmed to see some of our dealers selling knives on the forum. Maybe we should allow the sale of guns as well? I'm not having a go at those dealers selling them - I'm just not sure a replica watch site is the place to do it.

Anyone share my views on this?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I share your views 100% - if you want to sell your knives sell them elsewhere, this isn't a knife website last time I looked. I'm not going to elaborate, and I really don't want to get into a bun fight with anyone but I don't see a place for them here.

You are right mate, it is not a bloody good idea at all, those doing it are complete idiots. :bangin:

I don't think they're idiots at all, but I really don't think it should happen here. Actually I don't really see the need for it at all but we're all different, and there are places that cater for ALL tastes! This place caters for replica watches.

Well some of the sellers here carry leather bags, pens and lighters that aren't watches...

While I can defnitely see the scare of being in an area of high stabbings it does seem kind of silly to condemn knife sellers on the internet for it... I mean it's not like you can't just go to any local shop and buy a knife perfectly capable of killing someone... I would think the internet is the last place a person looking to stab people would go:

"Damnit!! This is my bar!! I drink here every Friday night and I'll be damned if you can walk in here and insult me! I am going home, sober up enough to browse the web for a good price on a decent knife, order it, wait for it to get shipped, come find you and then stab you." ;)

Whie I agree a watch forum isn't realy an appropriate place to sell knives, the reasoning just seems off... I mean it's not like people are really circumventing some safety on knives by ordering off the internet. If I walk into walmart and buy a hunting knife cash and stab someone with it I don't think there is any more likelihood they will catch me than if I order it from someone off the net.

If Neil wants to sell a knife that is perfectly fine with me :) if people start selling military knives, guns, grenades, funny uniform hats and helmets or pitbulls on RWG then...yes then it has gone too far..way to far ^_^

g. :animal_rooster:

thats why UK's gun control is for the ass. if they dont have guns to shot ppl or to threaten them, they use knifes.

ppl are more likely to stab someone else, than to shot him, because shoting makes a lot of noise, stabbing doesnt. with a gun in your hand, you dont even have to shot someone, he'll hand over his jew gold in a heartbeat!

Well some of the sellers here carry leather bags, pens and lighters that aren't watches...

While I can defnitely see the scare of being in an area of high stabbings it does seem kind of silly to condemn knife sellers on the internet for it... I mean it's not like you can't just go to any local shop and buy a knife perfectly capable of killing someone... I would think the internet is the last place a person looking to stab people would go:

"Damnit!! This is my bar!! I drink here every Friday night and I'll be damned if you can walk in here and insult me! I am going home, sober up enough to browse the web for a good price on a decent knife, order it, wait for it to get shipped, come find you and then stab you." ;)

Whie I agree a watch forum isn't realy an appropriate place to sell knives, the reasoning just seems off... I mean it's not like people are really circumventing some safety on knives by ordering off the internet. If I walk into walmart and buy a hunting knife cash and stab someone with it I don't think there is any more likelihood they will catch me than if I order it from someone off the net.

Whilst I agree in principle with what you say one of the sellers is UK based and we are trying to tighten up on sales of these things because of this problem - perhaps if you liverd in London you might see it differently. I recently had to administer life saving medical aid to one of the residents on my estate who was stabbed so it is something that has touched me personally. Buying a pen or a lighter that is a copy of a famous marque is different, they are collectors items that are ridiculously overpriced for the gen so selling a rep of them here is not any different to selling the watches. I am just saddened that any form of weapon is sold here even if the members here are the least likely to ever use one in an aggressive manner - there is so much [censored] going on in the world I just think it's unecessary.

thats why UK's gun control is for the ass. if they dont have guns to shot ppl or to threaten them, they use knifes.

ppl are more likely to stab someone else, than to shot him, because shoting makes a lot of noise, stabbing doesnt. with a gun in your hand, you dont even have to shot someone, he'll hand over his jew gold in a heartbeat!

What the hell is "jew gold"?

I don't have a problem with it all.

But. if you don't want them to sell them fine with me as it is doubtfull I would purchase one.

However, there are many people out there like me that DO in fact carry a pocket knife around with them everyday. You may see it as a weapon but I see it as a tool like a pen or a watch. It is one more item that is removed from my desk each morning and put in the pants pocket opposit my wallet.

Lets face it, it is easier to pick up an item off the street and use it as a weapon to bludgeon some one as it is to order a knife of the web.

It hink if you want them to stop selling, being a afraid of getting stabbed is not a good reason. I doubt the type of person who stabs some one frequents this stype of board.

If you want them to stop selling them because they do not fit the "theme" of the board that is another reason entirely.

But,

What if they are "replica" knives such as a replica benchmade or Dan Hiben. Would being a replica of an over priced brand make it ok to sell a knife?

I am afraid that it is subjects like this where "the noisy wheel gets the grease" in our politically correct society.

In other words.....because 3-4 people have a problem with something that 300-400 people DON'T, we get rid of what ever the thing is just to appease the 3-4 people.

Edited by speedy1

I do not agree at all. Why restrictions now? I allways saw selling here and on RWGI knives... I never bought a knive because I do not apreciate, but I know that some of the watch rep lovers are also knives lovers...

I respect other people's right to collect things like knives and guns. However, I wonder about the people (excluding hunters) who do so... I feel that these items lend their owners a sense of manhood, power, security, authority. I think that their owners may fantasize about how they might use these items...without giving consideration to the outcome of this use, and the potential for human tragedy and devastation.

My opinion is relevant, because my sister was recently murdered with a knife.

There are no rules forbidding the sale of Knives on here and I don't suspect there will be one.

On a side note, if knives were outlawed in the UK, people would be killing others with hammers. It's not the knife doing the killing, it's the person weilding it...

I respect other people's right to collect things like knives and guns. However, I wonder about the people (excluding hunters) who do so... I feel that these items lend their owners a sense of manhood, power, security, authority. I think that their owners may fantasize about how they might use these items...without giving consideration to the outcome of this use, and the potential for human tragedy and devastation.

I am sorry about your loss.

My sister was hit and killed by a car one year ago November 2. It wasn't the cars fault that she died.

She was hit by a driver speaking on a cell phone.

It was neither the car not the cell phones fault she died. It was the dumb[censored] lady driver who was miss-using both.

My opinion is the same with a knife. If the person means to kill some one they will simply use another type of weapon to do so. It isn't the intent of an object to do harm but the person who wields that obect to do harm whether malicously or through carelessness. The end result is the same.

Now that is just horrible to learn :( I think that in respect of you and your sister and all your family we should seriously consider and debate not selling knives on this board

my deepest condolances to you

sincerely

Gunnar :wounded1:

all non-americans -

you probably don't understand, i don't, cause i'm a north east liberal intellectual elite.

but- there is a really large crowd here in the us that are for the most part harmless, but they like to own weapons - i don't know for what, maybe its a penis thing, but they do - guns knives, yadda yadda

i don't have any problems with people selling knives. they aren't illegal and - if someone was going to use a knife to commit a crime - it won't be the failure of this board to get in the way of it.

sometimes you just have to say - oh, well, i don't get it, but, whatever floats your boat.

i also feel teh same way about nascar

can i fit anymore stereotypes in this post? :)

Whilst I agree in principle with what you say one of the sellers is UK based and we are trying to tighten up on sales of these things because of this problem - perhaps if you liverd in London you might see it differently. I recently had to administer life saving medical aid to one of the residents on my estate who was stabbed so it is something that has touched me personally. Buying a pen or a lighter that is a copy of a famous marque is different, they are collectors items that are ridiculously overpriced for the gen so selling a rep of them here is not any different to selling the watches. I am just saddened that any form of weapon is sold here even if the members here are the least likely to ever use one in an aggressive manner - there is so much [censored] going on in the world I just think it's unecessary.

I understand and respect your viewpoint, but if you lived here in the US you would see the rediculous level of censorship/freemdom trampling that stems from people who act drastically in an unpleasant situation.

Did you know over here some elimentary schools banned the game of "tag" because children could get hurt?

While it may feel good to say "knifings have gone up, get rid of knives" it is false logic, which was proven when guns were controlled to a much higher extend. Being exposed to a nasty situation may make it easier to rationalize a snap decision or an illogically broad solution, but it's important to think about it with as little emotion as possible to get a logical, solid solution.

Guns don't kill people, knives don't kill people, violent people who want to kill people kill people. Remove whatever you like but if it's not violent killers then you don't solve your problem. Sure it's a nice stopgap but if you follow the logic you will eventually have to ban hammers because you could brain someone with one during a robbery.

Again, nothing against keeping a watch forum for watches only, but this is very close to removing the symptom rather than the cause...

Edited by Devedander

Right. That's what I'm saying...to each, their own. I'd just ask anyone who has a fascination or obsession with weapons to ask themselves "Why?"

Same reason some people have an obsession/Fascination with watches, stamps, art, etc.....

To each his own I guess...