When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Knife Sales On The Board

Finepics

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend of mines baby once choked on a cufflink - so by Gran's rationale we must immediately investigate ceasing the sale of these too.

Honestly what a lot of crap.

I read somewhere that edged weapons had killed xxx millions over the eons yet the christian faith had managed to double that return............. ban them too ??????????????

dont make me laugh

:bleh:

We are all adults here. If the selling of knives offends you don't buy one. If you are offended by them don't read about them. Please don't tell others how they should think or act, nor disparage them if they do not agree with you.

Thanks,

N.K.

Please don't tell others how they should think or act, nor disparage them if they do not agree with you. :yeah: (Funny! your statement becomes almost like a circular argument when you think deeply about it)

@Mickey Madge.....you're right.....I was wrong....you're not a customer......but at least I was right about the small [censored].....! <_<

Edited by TTK

We are all adults here. If the selling of knives offends you don't buy one. If you are offended by them don't read about them. Please don't tell others how they should think or act, nor disparage them if they do not agree with you.

Thanks,

N.K.

By telling him not to read or post about such things are you not doing the same thing? :huh:

EDIT: ;) @ Gunnar Gran

A friend of mines baby once choked on a cufflink - so by Gran's rationale we must immediately investigate ceasing the sale of these too.

Honestly what a lot of crap.

I read somewhere that edged weapons had killed xxx millions over the eons yet the christian faith had managed to double that return............. ban them too ??????????????

dont make me laugh

:bleh:

Youre still mad at me Reg? :wounded1:

Thanks,

N.K.

Mmmm - who the [censored] are you!! (that should add a little spice eh!!)

@Mickey Madge.....you're right.....I was wrong....you're not a customer......but at least I was right about the small [censored].....! <_<

Not sure how you would know, but thinking your own problems are the same as everyone else's is not a good sign.

Do you suffer from being a bit introspective at times? :lol:;)

The point being that when you know everyone else has a gun, despite being a part of life you are more careful to try and avoid them.

And I agree that banning weapons takes the weapons out of the hands of the law abiding people, not so much the criminals.

Mom and Pop down the street who are good people probably would turn their guns in, but a criminal is not going to say "Well darnit, I will have to rob people at knife point because there is a ban on guns" they will more likely say "Sweet! The chances of someone I rob having a gun are lower now and my gun is even more threatening!".

Sure bans remove some weapons across the board, but it tends to simply increase the ratio of armed potential criminals to armed good people who need to protect themselves.

Not quite the same but I read an article where it was reported that with every safety precaution added to the modern autombile, drivers get progressively more careless. The safest car would be one with no seatbelts and a huge metal spike pointed directly from the steering column to the drivers heart.

EDIT: This from the Harvard Injury Control Research Center : http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/Firearms.htm

While it sounds stupid, I can vouch that while in China I experienced driving that would make New York cabbies flinch on a regular basis, but yet I never saw an accident (they happen but are quite rare)... I attribute it to people not wearing seatbelts and realizing they need to remain astute and not depend on others "defensive driving" to save their butts. I know not exactly an analogous situation but still good to think about...

I wasn't going to respond to this post because I did not want to go off topic, and the fact is, as long as forum rules do not prohibit, I think any dealer has the right to sell any artical he or she sees fit. If there is a market for it it will sell. As far as I know, there is no law against selling knives.

But the comments suggesting US gun controls laws are ineffective strike me as being overly simplistic. The issue in the US with gun control is that laws are governed by states and not federal govt, and are thus not uniformly applied. That is why there is such a big black market for handguns in NYC. People travel to states with less restrictive laws, buy lots of handguns, and re-sell them to felons, drug dealers, street gangs and other less than upstanding citizens. I am not sure how many innocent bystatnders are killed each year by drive by shooters with bad aim, but I know it is a significant number. More uniform national laws would prevent that. The lack of national gun laws is a leading reason why homicide rates in the US are extremely high by developed nations standards.

I agree, guns don't kill people, people kill people. I just don't want to give those who would kill a head start.

Sorry about crapping on the thread. You can delete if you need to

Neil - I'm not suggesting that you or any other dealer should be banned from selling knives here and I would not think for a minute that any of our members are potential homicidal maniacs - my intention was just to question their presence here at all. This is nothing to do with copyright infringement - a watch is a piece of male jewellry (in most cases - ladies forgive me) - our Jimmy Choos, an adornment, status symbol even (even though we rep owners are arguably fakes as well) - a knife is none of those. Sure I could stab someone with a Mont Blanc pen but you have to admit that the knives on sale here are not simple tools like a swiss army knife - these are macho instruments that may serve a practical purpose but nonetheless are also designed as a weapon (mind you I could kill someone with my 187 I suppose but then I'd risk losing the bloody bezel markers!).

@ Finepics......whislt I sympathise with your POV......it doesn't really make any difference......you can't legislate against knives......unlike guns....!

Most of the knives I present are aimed at American buyers.....not British.....the British governement has done the same job with statistics ref knives that they did with guns.....it hasn't made Britain safer.....in fact quite the reverse.....the REAL problem lies with the presentation of violence that's foisted upon us daily be media moguls who don't give a [censored] as long as they're making money......movies like Hostel and Saw....to mention just a couple present us with a reality that is so divorced from reality ...it's unbelieveable...!

The cult of instant celebrity and the body worship of bald headed muscle bound thugs wielding rottweilers and pit bulls......the Vinnie Jones Ice Cubes that are presented to us....with gangsta rap....and all of that [censored]....that's what's causing it all....not knives.....which have been around for millenia....serving many purposes....!

with gangsta rap....and all of that [censored]....that's what's causing it all....not knives.....which have been around for millenia....serving many purposes....!

So now you got me started wondering who made the first knife? and what material it may have been made out of :g:

Not sure how you would know,

Your salt told me....!

but thinking your own problems are the same as everyone else's is not a good sign

Problems....I don't have any problems.......as Klink says 'life is good'

Do you suffer from being a bit introspective at times?

Edited by TTK

if people start selling military knives, guns, grenades, funny uniform hats and helmets or pitbulls on RWG then...yes then it has gone too far..way to far

Now dammit.....when I bought that knife that was offered I ASKED him if he could put together a package deal with these items for me. Thanks for blowing it!!! :bangin:

Seriously......I can understand why some people don't like knives. I can understand why people don't like guns. If you don't like something....and you have your reasons.....don't be so arrogant as to try to control other people or their actions. Just because you do...or do not....like something....it does not give you the right to decide how things should be done.

A knife can be a tool....or someone can kill you with it.

A gun can be a tool...or someone can kill you with it.

A ball point pen can be a tool....or someone can kill you with it.

It's NOT the item that hurts people.....it's the idiot using it.

If you were on a boat and accidentally got your hand caught as the anchor line uncoiled the wrong way while releasing....you'd damn sure want someone close with a razor sharp knife to cut that line and save your arm. It's a tool.

If your wife and child are alive today because someone had a gun to stop a drugged loser from beating them with a bat (are baseball bats evil? Maybe they're next)....you'd damn sure not dislike guns so much. You may not want to own one....but in your heart you'd be glad as hell that some people do.

I've been the person with the knife....and the gun. No more on that......

If the issue is whether or not knives should be allowed on the board (you know the one.....the board where everyone involved is interested in trafficking ILLEGAL items).....I would think that there is only one opinion that matters. That would be the opinion of the person (or persons) who PAY with their money and time to provide us this priviledge. Universal concept regardless of nationality.......you pay the bills.....you make the rules.

Post topics are titled. Don't like it.....don't look. "Nothing to see here folks.....move along....."

So now I've posted my opinion.....just like others have. Not right.....not wrong....just my opinion.

@TTK......I don't want to "go too far"......so drop the pit bull off the order and provide a new shipping quote. I DO, however, insist on the funny uniform hat!! That's a deal breaker!!

:D

Sure are a lot of opinions in here....and a lot of kettles calling the pot black....whilst it's ok and perfectly acceptable to buy items that are ILLEGAL by virtue of copyright....knives......which in most countries are perfectly legal...are not suitable for sale....I've sold quite a number of knives on various forums..from TRC to RWG 1 and here....none of my customers to the best of my knowledge have gone out and stabbed anybody....and in fact I've always had a good response to my knife sales....you see...when you sell someone a gun...it has only one purpose....to kill...animals or people.........when you sell someone a knife...it can have many purposes...from opening U-Haul boxes....to cutting leather for watch straps.....from gutting fish to cutting your shoe laces off quickly when your foot is itching like blazes.

@avitt.....my sympathies regarding your loss....however if a knife hadn't been available...an axe or a brick or some other 'weapon' would have been used......it's in the nature of human beings...whose nature it is to kill....regardless of what is available to them or not.

But using the logic expressed above as to what is suitable....this is a watch forum first and foremost....so ANYTHING that has NOTHING to do with watches...should be banned....no pens...no handbags....no sunglasses....just a blanket ban on anything but watches. and or straps etc etc.

I n fact why don't we just go the whole hog and make the whole site legitimate....no more reps......only genuines.....!

As for Slay...I told you he was a bigoted [censored]....!

I agree with your comments on the distiction between knives and guns... not withstanding my sincere condolences to you avitt..

I don't have any problems with them being sold here, but this is a quote from the link I provided:

"What You Can't Have ...

The following items are banned from sale within the UK (although if you already own one you may keep it, but not use it outside of your own property) ... Switchblades, automatics or 'flick-knives', gravity knives, balisongs or 'butterfly knives', push daggers, belt buckle knives, sword canes, or knuckle-duster knives."

Are any of those knives being sold here?

Being a Londoner, and a Brixtonian, we have a real problem at the moment with knife crime. Every week someone is stabbed to death in often motivelsss attacks and most people surveyed in a recent crime survey were more afraid of being stabbed than being shot (I know the UK does not have quite the same gun problem as the US but that is out of all proportion here as well) and I am alarmed to see some of our dealers selling knives on the forum. Maybe we should allow the sale of guns as well? I'm not having a go at those dealers selling them - I'm just not sure a replica watch site is the place to do it.

Anyone share my views on this?

I respect you and your view, Finepics, but I don't share it. I might agree with an objection over the relevancy of knives to a "replica watch guide" forum, but we're seeing pens, purses, wallets, cuff links, etc sold here too. Knives should be allowed.

the British governement has done the same job with statistics ref knives that they did with guns.....it hasn't made Britain safer.....in fact quite the reverse.....

Couldn't agree more. If GBR wasn't so far off on guns, you wouldn't have to worry about knives at all. The only REAL crime deterrent is an armed populace. And the deterrent of knowing you face an immediate violent death if you pull a knife on someone would solve that problem overnight.

Coming from a Samurai culture, I have respect for knives and swords,..

That said however it does kind of give me a shock, on a watch site to see them

for sale.

I must admit, also that I can understand Finepic's view and feel, as part of

this community, that I want no part, no matter how slim the possibility, of sanctioning

the sale of any death instrument that was sold via our place.

I realize that this post, will most likely be my only contribution to it's prevention

but so be it,.. I have said my piece. -_-

@Madge....!

1. It has nothing to do with you, what members buy, or where they are located.

2. It has nothing to do with you what dealers offer for sale.

3. Why are you seeking answers to legislation that is UK based on a board that is international.

4. It's not illegal in some other countries to have, sell or buy any of the items you seem so concerned with.

Edited by TTK

I agree, guns don't kill people, people kill people. I just don't want to give those who would kill a head start.

Sorry about crapping on the thread. You can delete if you need to

Too late to stop a derail now...

I wasn't even speaking of US gun laws, but no matter... the point is banning something doesn't take it out of the bad peoples hands. The people who obey the rules aren't the ones doing drivebys anyway, and those doing the drivebys now have a lower chance of someone firing back (any good person bystander is likely unarmed) thus making it even more tempting and making the gun they did get illegaly even more valuable.

ex: Before gun banning lets say 50% of populace is armed, and 90% of criminals are armed, after gun banning maybe 5% of populace is armed and 60% of criminals are armed (due to more difficulty getting guns overall). Which picture looks better to you? I certainly think as a criminal I would think twice if it were a 50/50 chance the guy I pull a gun on pulls one back... but 5% chance? Gimme your money...

It's certainly overly simplified, but the point remains... it's a snap judgement to say "The symptom is horrible, if you had witnessed the symptom you would think differently! Band the sympton!"

It's the same logic that allowed the US people to be tricked into supporting the imperialistic situation we are in now... but that topic would derail even a derailed topic.

Edited by Devedander

@Madge....!

1. It has nothing to do with you, what members buy, or where they are located.

2. It has nothing to do with you what dealers offer for sale.

3. Why are you seeking answers to legislation that is UK based on a board that is international.

4. It's not illegal in some other countries to have, sell or buy any of the items you seem so concerned with.

@1:As a member of this forum my views are as valid as any forum member. Please see below.

@2: Selling knives that may not be legal in the UK, to UK members will pull in a lot more heat than replica watches for sure. You have not considered this? That's a bit short sighted with the current knife problems in the UK.

@3: I am not seeking answers to UK legislation, in fact I provided that information, as a link in this thread.

@4: That is very true, but I have only mentioned the UK nowhere else.

All joking aside my comments to you in this thread were in jest as I hope yours were to me, but if you make a serious post in my direction then please address me by my forum name.

My previous question is still unanswered?

Cheers :)

Not ONE of you is going to change the others mind whether for or against knife sales.

And like every other time some thing like this comes up who ever shouts the loudest over the other becomes the winner until some one disparages the other race, country, or lifestyle And we are certainly on the verg of this now.

The jew joke was already [censored] and offends me no matter where the hell it came from. And the " United States are a bunch of assholes ...but no offense" have already started in a underhanded way so why don't we go ahead and vote on what to do and let that be that?

Otherwise.

136019-18194.png