When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 on Nato

bumroxas

Hi Guys.

This is my first attempt to do a diy 5513 cartel build.

I didnt drill the lugholes,dont have 1.2 springbars so i just wanted to use what I had... just widened the outside holes using a small round file. I think its still too small?

Also overdid the insert bleach. dropped it in for about 5 secs only.

next would be to file the CGs and shorten the crown.

Man this hobby is consuming me!!

3.jpg

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Dutchguy,

BTW your build was my inspiration...

Well, thank you :drinks:

I spent half a day fitting a gen crown. But without the proper tools you won't get the new tube in decent. I screwed up 2 tubes :pardon: and it still is not 100% correct. So I just ordered the right tool for it and a couple of new tubes.

Well, thank you :drinks:

I spent half a day fitting a gen crown. But without the proper tools you won't get the new tube in decent. I screwed up 2 tubes :pardon: and it still is not 100% correct. So I just ordered the right tool for it and a couple of new tubes.

theres a phillips bit that works, i think its a #6

• 2 weeks later...

Love what you did to the CG's. Your previous postings was one of my references. Was this hand filed or did you use a dremel?

Be VERY VERY careful with a dremel. Use the slowest speed setting when ever possible. It is very easy to [censored] it up if not careful. I like to hand file first. Small file and a vise grip and patience. You can always take more later, but it is VERY hard to put material back on :D

E