When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from the Magic Kingdom...

ubiquitous

Thanks, gang! Having a blast... We don't want to leave :( Too much fun!

Travelling with good company indeed... But the watches are only secondary ;)

Good stuff, R. Have you been on California Screamin' yet? It's one of the top 10 coasters in America.

Have fun!

chief-

Haven't gone on any of the big coasters yet. Since we're with little ones, we try to keep the rides to the ones we can all go on; with the long lines and wait times we want to try and maximize the experience for them as much as we can :)

SWEET! You're well prepared for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Splash away!

Pirates is closed :( That was one we were all really looking forward to... Maybe one of the only disappointing things we've encountered thus far.

your kids must be in paradise :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I gotta make it out tonight to see that 1665!

Hope you're able to make it out!

Is there a meeting tonight?

There is indeed- Grand Californian/Hearthstone @ 9:30 I think? Just a few of us... Maybe one more if you can make it?

:)

Pirates is closed

Well at least you didn't have to queue up.

We were at Movie World on the Gold Coast a few years back and we stood in line for ages on the best ride there, basically as we were just putting our feet into the ride boat a thunderstorm started, the phone on the platform rang and the attendant said the ride was closed. :wounded1:

Have a great time R, it's these family holidays that stay with you for life.

Ken

Couple of pics for Utheman of a piece we discussed the other night...

IMG_1093.jpg

I've no idea what it is exactly...

Very interesting and cool looking piece, Ubi. Now I see what you mean about the "hangar" above the crown. I'm going to try and research this one a little. I've never seen a pocket watch like it.

Thanks for letting me get to know your 1665 and 5514. Truely awesome watches when experienced in person.

Very interesting and cool looking piece, Ubi. Now I see what you mean about the "hangar" above the crown. I'm going to try and research this one a little. I've never seen a pocket watch like it.

Thanks for letting me get to know your 1665 and 5514. Truely awesome watches when experienced in person.

I remember you guys talking about that! Really cool looking movement. Almost as nice as Utheman's hamilton :p

Thanks again for letting me hold that precious 1665 and 5514!

Made right here in "Watch City" Waltham Massachusetts.

Is it possible the hanging thing is a stand if you flip it down a bit?

DL-

I was told that the watch is a train engineer's watch that would hang on a hook in the engine compartment.

I think I need to check with the NAWCC or AWCI to see if anyone knows anything about it; I've not found or seen anything discussed on this piece otherwise :huh:

It's part of a Waltham Pocket watch display case. The wire on Ubi's is probably not the original.

DSC06978.jpg

• 2 months later...