When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Got My Gen Gmt Master Ii

Whatever123

Hi there,

well, I was after a gen GMT Master II for a looooong time. Decided to buy one, decided against it again. Sold other watches to fund one and bought something else... No I finally got an offer that was good enough for me. It's a 16710 from 2001 with black/red bezel insert and lug holes (which I really like) in very good condition.

I had to sell three of my gens to fund it but I think it was worth it. It's hard to explain but Rolex has a fascination of it's own.

The watch is great, I love it. I looks and feels perfect in every way and I really think this is the first watch I will never sell again (except I really need the money but that's another thing).

After comparing it to my rep Rollies (BK WM9 Sub v2 and a modded GMT IIc) I have to say the reps are scarily close. I really wouldn't be able to tell these are reps from just looking at them on someones wrist. The gen feels smoother but the differences are really really small!

Sorry, only iPhone pics for now...

Foto1-1.jpg

Foto2-1.jpg

Cheers,

Whatever123

• Like 1

Congrats!! Welcome to the 3185 caliber club! :)

Wear it in good health. :)

By the way, would it be possible to take a pic of the crystal height? I am tryin to get this aspect correct on my rep 16710..

Thank you!! :D

Yep, here's a quick pic from the side. It's not very high, the Clark crystal on my WM9 Sub sits a tiny bit higher.

1ffffe1f.jpg

I have the same watch except mine is from 1993; a GMT II 16710 with black/red "Coke" bezel. Now, all you gotta do is collect the rest of the bezels like I did. Mine is sporting a blue/red "Pepsi" bezel now. But, I may switch it to my all-black bezel. It's an excellent watch! You'll never take it off your wrist!!!

Edited by superlative

Thanks for your feedback guys!

It's true - nothing like a gen Rollie... :)

The price is not a secret - I paid 3800 Euros for it with box and papers. That's a good price here atm. Still... expensive enough to put it in a bank safe which is a shame because I can't look at it all the time... :(

I'll take some better pics this weekend...

Nice brother!,wearing my gen TT GMTIIC right now,nothing like the real thing baby....:)

nice Dave!!! Swap me for my genuine gmt ii c ss ha, have a deepsea I wear and the gmt is still new in box from tourneau, longing for a TT/gold watch recently ;)

To the op, nothing like a genuine piece is right, although, of it weren't for acquiring a few reps I would have bought and wasted time and money on pieces I never really loved afterall but thought I did in the first place! Pam 359 is a great example

Enjoy your gmt ii, awesome watch, I'm just a bigger guy use to big pieces and I bought a dssd and had my gmt both genuine, wound up never touching the gmt c! Looks too small on me, but perfect on other peoples wrists :/