When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NEW PICS! My new 5513 project is starting today...and finished!

Omega

That's true, but I have a dial which was very cheap. Now I am searching for a broken 1570 which I would repair, to push the costs down most as possible. All other parts I have laying here around. The phong case will be the most expensive in that project, though... :(

I blew it off even with a $300 gen dial and Yuki case for $125. Add in the movement for $1200, a decent bracelet, gen hands, insert and crystal and the required work and I was still into it for well over 50% of gen. It may work for you if you can find a busted movement for cheap and you are doing your own work. Although I thought a Phong case was closer to $800-1000.

I blew it off even with a $300 gen dial and Yuki case for $125. Add in the movement for $1200, a decent bracelet, gen hands, insert and crystal and the required work and I was still into it for well over 50% of gen. It may work for you if you can find a busted movement for cheap and you are doing your own work. Although I thought a Phong case was closer to $800-1000.

OK, let it be 50%. No problem about that - I do it for me. And there are no additional costs for assambling/repair, I do it mysef.

But I bought the parts one for one in last month, so I don't feel the real costs. Like I said, the Phong case is what hurts me mostly. By last request he asks 1200$! :(

That's true, but I have a dial which was very cheap. Now I am searching for a broken 1570 which I would repair, to push the costs down most as possible. All other parts I have laying here around. The phong case will be the most expensive in that project, though...:(

+1. I just finished mine and I too am at about 50%. But that's a lot of money saved for a really nice watch. And I have the pride of building it.

I don't know what is right on the 5513 but I have an untouched 5512 from 1966 and it has the 700 crown (or at least there are no dots or underscore below the cross.

Sure, but mine has white gold markers - like you can see on the pics - and they are from the 80's!

700 crowns were in the beginning of the 70' replaced by the 702, and the 702 in the mid of the 70' by 703. So this crown is CORRECT for my model with white gold markers. ;)

Sure, but mine has white gold markers - like you can see on the pics - and they are from the 80's!

700 crowns were in the beginning of the 70' replaced by the 702, and the 702 in the mid of the 70' by 703. So this crown is CORRECT for my model with white gold markers. ;)

Absolutely right. I didn't see the marker bezels.