When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any wallet suggestions?

Physher007

I've decided to purchase my friend a new wallet, just because his is falling apart. I would love to get a Bally from Bergie, but I am not planning on dropping $80 on the guy.

Are there any decent wallets in the $30-40 range? Leather bifolds and I would prefer to not order something from outside the CONUS

Bergie's LV wallet in Utah Leather has served me well for over two years now and is a beautiful piece.

For 30 or 40 dollars are you even going to get an actual leather wallet or will it be plastic coated PU "leather" ...

In this photo the wallet is already 6+ months old so it is a bit stretched from my cards, etc .. but you can see how nice it is. After 2 years, there is not 1 popped stitch.

post-22602-0-48070600-1319506523.jpg

I am a fan of the Slimmy, its what I use. Doesn't open up like a normal wallet. Has three main section, I keep my Debit/Credit Cards & ID in one, cash in one, and rewards cards in the third. Keep it slim and slide in my front pocket. Seems like good enough quality leather to me.

M17546-172-T.jpg

http://www.koyono.com/Slim-Front-Pocket-Wallets-s/3.htm

There are several different versions (contrasting colors, some with clear ID slots) and they range from about $35 to $50. Mine has held up well for the year plus I've had it.

As long as you are not after a brand name you can buy a leather wallet from most malls in the price range you state.

I must admit I am still to lash out on one of my own wallets too, as I have used the same (generic) wallet for the past 5 years.

Ken

I am a fan of the Slimmy, its what I use. Doesn't open up like a normal wallet. Has three main section, I keep my Debit/Credit Cards & ID in one, cash in one, and rewards cards in the third. Keep it slim and slide in my front pocket. Seems like good enough quality leather to me.

M17546-172-T.jpg

http://www.koyono.co...Wallets-s/3.htm

There are several different versions (contrasting colors, some with clear ID slots) and they range from about $35 to $50. Mine has held up well for the year plus I've had it.

Don't the items fall out after a time? Seems there is no holding ? But they look great, i'm interested....;)

Bergie's LV wallet in Utah Leather has served me well for over two years now and is a beautiful piece.

For 30 or 40 dollars are you even going to get an actual leather wallet or will it be plastic coated PU "leather" ...

In this photo the wallet is already 6+ months old so it is a bit stretched from my cards, etc .. but you can see how nice it is. After 2 years, there is not 1 popped stitch.

post-22602-0-48070600-1319506523.jpg

I bought what appears to be this same wallet at LV in Paris a couple of years ago. It is one VERY nice wallet.

I don't know who Bergies is -- how could I get one from him?

Bill

Don't the items fall out after a time? Seems there is no holding ? But they look great, i'm interested....;)

Well you kinda wedge it into the corner. I've sometimes has trouble with it becoming a little loose if I stuff too many small bills into it, stretching it out, but it mostly tightens back up with a little time.

I bought a Saddleback leather wallet last year. they are basically indestructable and have a 100 year guarantee. For 45 bucks you cant go wrong!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Depends on how your friend uses his wallet i guess....does he have numerous cards? keeps change in wallet? those are important to know. I for example need to store 7-8 cc and bills only so I went for a credit card wallet. A little big but keeps the cards in their own sleeve and not doubled up. On that note, cc wallets are hard to find....that the only downside. Good luck with the seach.

• 3 weeks later...