When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some pics of my latest edition to the watch box...

PeteM

So having spent some time collecting parts and researching, I decided on my next project which I have finally completed to my satisfaction - For the moment ! ;)

This model is to me what OP is all about :) That is "No matter what you may know there are exceptions to everything" and this applies more than most people realise to OP during the PreV, PreA and early series.... much less so in the later series but it still occurs :)

The gen of this watch has appeared in several places and I am sure what some will immeadiately realise is this is not what you should expect to see. The beauty is that even a knowledgeable Risti might assume the gen is a franken or a rep of some kind and its a good lesson, when it comes to PAMs..."They are not all the same and nor do all the models follow the rules"

During OP's final year and into the confusion that followed as Cartier took over.... some (arguably many) variations occurred: this model is one of them..

This franken is based on a model which is basically a PreA (6500 case) PAM 002... the variation is that it has a PreA logo dial.... This is the same dial as the PreV 5218-201a (The Logo) but it has PreA lume and dial treatment...

Unlike the PreV dial this dial was treated as most PreA dials tended to be and similarly to some of the 5218-209 and the 5218-210 which were the last models produced by OP before the take over (not forgetting the 5218- 218), this was during a time of 'partnership' (phased handover) between OP and Cartier hence the change of case and CG etc.

Therefore the gen model has all the details you would expect to see in a PreA 6500 model except for a Logo dial, though the Logo dial was also treated as a PreA hence the indices were filled more and there was a distinct lack of varnishing compared to the PreV treatment.

I nearly went for the 5218-209 originally but given none of the CBs available anywhere are even slightly accurate and that I found in my research a few others had decided to do it I chose this option...

I tried my best with the pics, hopefully it will get better

Lastly and most importantly I really want to thank my friend Mike for his input and advice and to Rob [& J :)] (Zig) for his touches on the dial & hands and, as some may recall from his threads on the GD section making the tube and stem :)

• Like 1

Pete, that PreA logo is PURE SEX, I mean that. It is the NUTZ!! Before I read the post I thought it was a 209 due to the CG and brushed two tone CG lever. I did NOT even know there was a PreA logo!!!

CRAZY!!! LOVE the polished rehaut as well. One of w0lf's latest custom cases?

I am also curious to the parts in this build. OK, I call dibs on this and may I have 1st right of refusal if you wish to sell this BEAUTY?

THIS and your 202/a have climbed into the top 5 of my MUST have pieces.

CONGRATS, don't forget the little people ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)

Much as I apreciate your words S... you will find, as I had the pleasure to, that as you get around more on here... there are some absolutely fantastic reps and frankens that would put my efforts to shame... but its that journey that makes it so much fun and satisfying plus you get to meet some great people along the way...

I would urge everyone to try at least one build of their own just to experience the enjoyment and fulfilment it can bring... and the sense of pleasure wearing it on your wrist can give you over buying something straight out the box... :)

You make great friends in doing so and it even helps increase your knowledge of PAMs and its history :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...