When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7753

Monito1975

been discussed many times. The A7753 does NOT have a date set function via the crown. They will only put it in watches that have a quick set button at the 10:00 position on the case. An A7753 in a Navi will leave you with no way to set the date other than advancing the time. If by chance you need to advance the date by 30 days, you would have to advance the time by 720 hours. Not really practical.

Andreww, that is the BS that the rep makers tell. The gen 7753 does not have a date changing function over the crown either and so does the genuine Navitimer. To change the date on the Navitimer you actually have to advance the time over midnight! IT DOES NOT HAVE A QUICKSET DATE!!!

A Navitimer with A7753 WITHOUT pusher at 10 would be perfectly accurate!

Just put the watch on on a swivel box the it would be running all the time so major date changes won´t be necesary, I would not mind to turn the crown to set the date as far as i don´t get the ugly sunken date.

Andreww, that is the BS that the rep makers tell. The gen 7753 does not have a date changing function over the crown either and so does the genuine Navitimer. To change the date on the Navitimer you actually have to advance the time over midnight! IT DOES NOT HAVE A QUICKSET DATE!!!

While that is true, a gen Navitimer's date can be set by running the hands back and forth (ie, over midnight, back to 8, then over midnight again). I don't know if the A7753 is capable of this.

Personally, I wouldn't care--I REALLY want a 7753 Navitimer :)

been discussed many times. The A7753 does NOT have a date set function via the crown. They will only put it in watches that have a quick set button at the 10:00 position on the case. An A7753 in a Navi will leave you with no way to set the date other than advancing the time. If by chance you need to advance the date by 30 days, you would have to advance the time by 720 hours. Not really practical.

Correct, I own a GEN Navitimer from 2008 based on the Valjoux 7753. There is NO QUICKSET date on it other than the "rock-n-roll" method sneed12 mentions. In short, you have four options even with the GEN. 1.) Use a winder 2.) If you let it stop, wait till you are close next month. 3.) Roll-Roll-Roll your crown and get a blister 4.) Rock-N-Roll your crown and minimize your blister. :D

Why doesn't someone buy one of the new PAM reps and a Navi Rep, and swap the movement?

Correct, I own a GEN Navitimer from 2008 based on the Valjoux 7753. There is NO QUICKSET date on it other than the "rock-n-roll" method sneed12 mentions. In short, you have four options even with the GEN. 1.) Use a winder 2.) If you let it stop, wait till you are close next month. 3.) Roll-Roll-Roll your crown and get a blister 4.) Rock-N-Roll your crown and minimize your blister. :D

Why doesn't someone buy one of the new PAM reps and a Navi Rep, and swap the movement?

Would it fit?

Not exactly true. While the Navi doesn't have a quick set at the crown, you are able to roll the time back and forth over midnight to advance the date. You cannot do this with and A7753. If you have ever owned a 7750 with a broken quickset you will know exactly what a hand cramping procedure setting the date can be. Sure there are a bunch of guys here that would settle for that, but the other 90% of a rep-maker's customers would not. Just too much of a pain in the ass, and they simply won't do it.

And there are other reasons. The Navi rep as we know it has been on the market for over 7 years now. People that want it have got it by now. The only rush to buy would be from picky WIS guys on these forums, and that just aint enough to justify a new production run. Secondly, the latest breitling Chronologue I looked at didn't even have the 7753 Navi in it, only the Navi B01, so I'm wondering if it's even a current model anymore. They certainly aren't going to start repping "vintage" Breits.

• 2 weeks later...

the date window location on the current rep tri-compax dials does not align with the date window on the a7753...

moreover, the a7753 date window "location" is not the same as the eta7753's "location"...the a7750 is not just an a7750 3-6-9...search the Panerai forum for a7750 movement discussion(s)...

Not exactly true. While the Navi doesn't have a quick set at the crown, you are able to roll the time back and forth over midnight to advance the date. You cannot do this with and A7753. If you have ever owned a 7750 with a broken quickset you will know exactly what a hand cramping procedure setting the date can be. Sure there are a bunch of guys here that would settle for that, but the other 90% of a rep-maker's customers would not. Just too much of a pain in the ass, and they simply won't do it.

And there are other reasons. The Navi rep as we know it has been on the market for over 7 years now. People that want it have got it by now. The only rush to buy would be from picky WIS guys on these forums, and that just aint enough to justify a new production run. Secondly, the latest breitling Chronologue I looked at didn't even have the 7753 Navi in it, only the Navi B01, so I'm wondering if it's even a current model anymore. They certainly aren't going to start repping "vintage" Breits.

Exactly. The current,been around forever Navi rep (POS as it is), is a sales winner and there is no financial gain to play with it. As much as some of us would love to see that,we are a very small group of people who care.

Been discussed a million times on these forums,not gonna happen folks,move on.

....just to flog the horse a little bit more.....

:bangin:

You say that it's not worth the reppers making a good Navi rep...but they still went and made a PAM 250 after the previous versions were still selling. I imagine the new 250 is one of the most popular PAM chrono reps to date.

The trouble is, they still can't get the little details right, due to corner cutting. We saw that in the latest Navi Fighter, what an abortion that was. Why did that watch have to have the stupid 7750, when the Carreras, Aquaracers, SMP Chronos etc have the sensible 7750?

A number of little flaws make up one big-fat-obviously-fake-rep.

Well, I'm no Breitling expert, but I have some experience with PAM Daylights, I have put together few of them - A7750 3-6-9, A7753 and ETA 7753. So, here are few factoids about A7753 issues:

1. A7753 and modifed 3-6-9 A7750 have different height, and consequently different crown position - so cases are unfortunately not compatible, not saying it is impossible to put A7753 in A7750 3-6-9 case, but there must be some case modding involved

2. strangely enough, A7753 CAN take A7750 date wheel, and with A7750 date wheel, dial can also be taken from A7750 3-6-9 movement - for anyone not believing this I have picture attached of A7753 with A7750 date wheel installed

3. A7753 does not have possibility of setting date by going forward-and-backward around midnight because movement "maker" decided to save probably around 0,05 US$ and used date indicator driving wheel from 7750 movement instead of producing 7753 specific one - so, with this new part produced A7753 would have this possibility (same as ETA 7753).

P61125200.jpg

I hope this clears some of questions posted here.

regards

• Like 2

Well, I'm no Breitling expert, but I have some experience with PAM Daylights, I have put together few of them - A7750 3-6-9, A7753 and ETA 7753. So, here are few factoids about A7753 issues:

1. A7753 and modifed 3-6-9 A7750 have different height, and consequently different crown position - so cases are unfortunately not compatible, not saying it is impossible to put A7753 in A7750 3-6-9 case, but there must be some case modding involved

2. strangely enough, A7753 CAN take A7750 date wheel, and with A7750 date wheel, dial can also be taken from A7750 3-6-9 movement - for anyone not believing this I have picture attached of A7753 with A7750 date wheel installed

3. A7753 does not have possibility of setting date by going forward-and-backward around midnight because movement "maker" decided to save probably around 0,05 US$ and used date indicator driving wheel from 7750 movement instead of producing 7753 specific one - so, with this new part produced A7753 would have this possibility (same as ETA 7753).

P61125200.jpg

I hope this clears some of questions posted here.

regards

Some very good and helpful Information here....thank you.

Mike

Thanks z3ko, although the DateWheels are interchangeable, am I right in thinking that the A7753 DateWheel is wider on the outside than the A7750 tricompax?

Can you confirm that the date window on A7753 rep is in a different location than the window on A7750 @4.5 rep? I remember seeing a comparison of the dials....

Thanks z3ko, although the DateWheels are interchangeable, am I right in thinking that the A7753 DateWheel is wider on the outside than the A7750 tricompax? Can you confirm that the date window on A7753 rep is in a different location than the window on A7750 @4.5 rep? I remember seeing a comparison of the dials....

A7753 has quite interesting datewheel dimensions - inner diameter is same as 7750, and outer diameter is same as ETA 7753. So, A7753 can't accept ETA 7753 DW, but it can accept 7750 date wheels. And, depending on where you print numbers on A7753 date wheel (inner edge or outer edge), you can make it accommodate "old" 7750 dials (like they did on PAM Daylights) or real 1:1 copied dials from ETA 7753 watches.

Actually, dials (remind you, I'm talking about PAM Daylights, I have no experience with other A7753 based watches) are not only interchangeable, but I find them to be exactly the same, for PAM 196 at least. Here is picture of dial taken from 3-6-9 A7750 PAM 196 mounted on A7753 movement with regular 7750 datewheel (one from previous picture):

P61125701.jpg

regards

So despite being able to get rid of the sunken date on a Navi rep, we still have the problem of the crown at a different height.

Either that or a sunken dial.

Come to think of it, if a gen dial isn't shaved, it can fit under the slide rule - thus possibly getting the crown & stem nearer to the tube?!

....just to flog the horse a little bit more.....

:bangin:

You say that it's not worth the reppers making a good Navi rep...but they still went and made a PAM 250 after the previous versions were still selling. I imagine the new 250 is one of the most popular PAM chrono reps to date.

I would bet that the current,around forever POS Navi rep has outsold all Pam reps ever sold,combined.

Come to think of it,that probably is true of the gen as well... :g: