When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt Ii 50th Anniversary

JJFlash

Okay so I admit it.

I love the new GMT II 50th Anniversary in stainless steel.

Not the gold model, not the two tone model.

Make mine the plain stainless steel with the green bezel / black face.

Yes I know its not an authentic color combination, gold or two tone only.

But the stainless steel / green bezel / black face - it looks so cool.

So I buy the piece cause I just gots to have it.

Now I notice that it does not have the usual GMT crown / guards.

At first I thought it was a typical replica defect.

But no - even the authentic has the submariner like crown / guards.

Quite odd for a GMT 50th Anniversary to be sporting the sub crown / guards don't you think?

Replica:

138990-17508.jpg

Yep, 7mm crown on the GMT 50th, and I believe the depth rating was increased from 100m to maybe 200m. But heck, I can't remember every little bit of trivia that I read!

And I do like that watch, even if it is a fantasy, but I've been thinking black bezel/black dial- kinda stealth-like- people would need sharp eyes to see the green date, green GMT hand and the green GMT Master II writing on the dial.

And I love the universal serial number- F437091!

The 50th Anniversary is an interesting piece... And I must agree- I prefer it in all stainless vs. the genuine TT or Rolesor variants.

Only think I don't like about the ss rep is the rehaut engraving. Swap the dial/movement out with a standard Sub case to eliminate that clutter and you have a very nice watch.

I also love this watch. I purchased the black/black model with the newfangled bracelet being used on the yachtmaster (oyster-like with polished center link and new one-action clasp). Mine is from Josh. Unfortunately, the ETA crapped out within one week.

Andrew's got it in Eta--I got mine 2 months ago and love it.

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=605

yeah, but his shows a green face and red GMT hand....does that describe yours? I am looking for Eta with black face, green GMT hand, and sub crown and crown guards....let me know.

yeah, but his shows a green face and red GMT hand....does that describe yours? I am looking for Eta with black face, green GMT hand, and sub crown and crown guards....let me know.

Got mine from Paul.

Only place i could find with the stainless steel / black face / green bezel / eta 2836.

Happy with my purchase, I personally have always had good luck with Paul.

Josh's 50th Anniv. model is exacty what you are asking for. Black bezel, green GMT hand, black dial, sub crown and guards. It has a new type of bracelet, different from oyster. Check it out.

Here's some more detailed pics of mine, if you're interested. I like the fact that the rehaut's engraving isn't filled in with paint--just like the gold gen--and the SELs are a perfect 3 piece; sharp & not carved. New (correct) shorter, oyster clasp & correct bi-directional bezel, not uni.

140844-17034.jpg

140844-17035.jpg

140844-17036.jpg

140844-17037.jpg

140844-17038.jpg

140844-17039.jpg

140844-17040.jpg

The Rolesor clasp does look dressier, indeed! I went with Andrew because I was under the impression there was no ss Rolesor--only in TT, WG, & FG. I could be mistaken though.

You're correct; there's no gen. ss Rolesor GMT II. Here's a picture of mine from Josh. I got the ss anyway because I liked it.

Here it is next to gen sub

141104-16946.jpg

141104-16947.jpg

141104-16948.jpg

Don't know if I can help much on this thread but here is what I know about the RX GMT II 50th Anniversary

1) Bezel is "ceramic" and always black

2) The watch has only be produced on two tone yellow gold

3) Bezel (always) has gold numbers

4) Two faces of dial:

----> A: black with green GMT hand and green date

----> B: green with gold GMT hand and balcak date.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

I am attaching some pics of gen (from Basel 2005)

post-106-1162194603_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194626_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194648_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194671_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194694_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194714_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194744_thumb.jpg

post-106-1162194765_thumb.jpg

Wrong on that one.

GMT II 50th Anniversary is also made in two-tone.

Actually, he's NOT wrong. If we're being pedantic, that is the new TT GMT Master - according to my sources, it does not have a release date until next year so technically it isn't a 50th Anniversary edition in the way the FG GMT was (and the Sub LV of course).

Here's a better pic.

142315-16657.jpg

Edited by docblackrock