When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

International Scent Exchange

TeeJay

This is an idea I have just had following deoderant discussions with my bro, Maxman... This forum is a nationally diverse, and stylistically sensitive group of individuals, and many of us have made some considerable travels over the years (some further than others :lol: ) I figure I can't be the only member who has found deoderants and aftershaves I liked while abroad, which were not available domestically, so I wondered if folks would be interested in starting the ISE: The International Scent Exchange. The plan is simplicity itself. Member A says that he wants x amount of cans of Brand Y product, available in Country Z. Member B (in Country Z) lets Member A know if it is available, and what they would want in order to 'hook a brother up'... Now, I know that this is a very generous community, and I know that many would simply throw a few cans in the mail gratis, or maybe in exchange for some parts, but, if said deliveries were to become regular (either monthly, or in bulk) then I figure it is only fair for Member A to cover Member B's purchase and shipping costs (This isn't aimed at you, M, those cans are coming to you gratis :drinks: ) and I just figured I'd put the idea out there for folks to see what they think, and if there would be any interest :) Accordingly, I thought people could always suggest products local to them, which they may feel will be of interest to others. I'll go first with this suggestion...

The long discontinued Axe/Lynx deoderant Oriental... I have found that a 100% identical scent is available from a store in the UK called Wilkinson, sold as a homebrand deoderant under the name Cyclone. I forget the costs off the top of my head, but they are currently doing an offer, 2 cans for £1.20.

So, what do you think, amigos? A group venture worth pursuing?

Thanks for the endorsement, bro :good::drinks: I just figured it might provide an easier solution to folks filling a suitcase with two dozen cans while on holiday, and having to leave clothes at the hotel to make room for said cans :whistling: I also thought it could be a way of folks trying stuff they may not be able to get locally, if someone recommends something which they like themselves :) There're a couple of nice deoderants I've found in local supermarkets, but not being a connoisseur of scents, I don't know if they're 'smellalikes', or just nice scents in their own right, and only found out about the Oriental by chance, as you know :D

Shhh...I have a good supply of this.

All jokes aside, I went to a museum exhibition on smell and perfume once and it was surprisingly interesting. It's something you tend take for granted, rather than breaking down into its constituent parts.

:tu:

I have to admit, it was never something I really gave much thought to, but I have the feeling this could be a new interest :whistling:

Good idea... here a 12 month old pic.... since then it has grown by 4-5 bottles...

collection.jpg

Bloody hell Dutchie! The majority of those are female fragrances but you've still got a shiiteload of men's fragrances there.

I shouldn't reveal one of my biggest secrets, but it's this:

fendi-life-essence-m.JPG

Hot dates and serious job interviews/promotion interviews only. This stuff is nectar from the gods, IMHO.

Good idea... here a 12 month old pic.... since then it has grown by 4-5 bottles...

collection.jpg

Wow... fantastic collection.

I have the PR One Million...TM Angel men..one of my favorites.

I also have several others that are In your collection...very nice varity of colognes/fragances you have there.

Mike

I finally picked up a bottle of Rochas Man by the house of Rochas a few nights back...very nice. Been wanting to try this one out for a long time

The opening is a little strong..but the base...dry down Is supurb Imo.

It has a very pleasant somewhat sweet coffee/ mocha/ carmel vibe with some lavander and vanilla In the background.

This is a great evening sent..maybe for cooler weather.

I would say this is great choice for those who enjoy the smell of coffee In general.

My girl likes the scent but loves the bottle...strange. :g:

Mike

post-19368-0-16666400-1322404804.jpg