When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Oldies are goodies.

Going with this vintage

Jil Sander Feeling Man

I've always wanted to try Feeling Man by Jil Sander.

I remember reading that It reminds most people of Burberry London. Dried fruit spice and sweet tobacco. I guess Im going to blind buy this one... a no brainer for me really.

As you know bro...I just cant get enough dried fruit..plum wine...and that sweet heavenly tobacco. ;)

Mike

Definitely, it has a fruity top note with a predominant male rasberry and grape concoction. It slowly dries down a bit like Creed's Original Santal but with a boozy vibe. The a bit of tobacco kicks in and a great mossy dry down. Amazing stuff. I got a few 7ml samples of a guy on ebay. They aren't cheap but you can still find a few.

<p>

Le Labo's Bergamote 22. Wow, I never paid much attention to this house, but I sampled a few others and they are damn good.
Le Labo has a wonderful line of fragrances. I learned today that the number after the fragrance name is the number of additional ingredients. I really like their version of Oud and Vetiver. Saks just started carrying their line, but you can order decent sized samples directly from Le Labo. Boucheron Homme for me today.

After smelling Floris London for the first time at a London airport back in 1993 when I was about 5 or 6 years old, I haven't smelled anything better!

laMPJ.jpg

The small blue bottle was the original bottle from 1993. It was named "Cefero" and then eventually they created a new scent and put the name "Cefiro". Which confused me a bit but after having contacted them, they contacted one of their old laboratories to find the formula for it and it turns out that the 1993 Cefero is actually "JF" in the current Floris line. So JF will always be my fragrance of choice

Edited by TimeStopper45

I picked up a sample of Theirry Mugler's Pure Shot at Norstroms a few days back. I have to admit that I really liked it on the first application.

Pure Shot has a nice clean fresh minty opening...with some woods and a soapy vibe in the back ground....very nice actually. But It dosent develope from there on my skin. The longevity is also not In step with what we have become acustumed to in this line.

Definitely the weak link In the Mugler line. It just dosent come across as a high quality juice that Mugler is known for Imo.

I get the feeling that Theirry Mugler phoned this one in....not Impressed.

Here's a pretty good review if you are interested..If not in the cologne...maybe his watch. ;)

Mike

I've always wanted to try Feeling Man by Jil Sander.

I remember reading that It reminds most people of Burberry London. Dried fruit spice and sweet tobacco. I guess Im going to blind buy this one... a no brainer for me really.

As you know bro...I just cant get enough dried fruit..plum wine...and that sweet heavenly tobacco. ;)

Mike

my terre d'hermes ran out a couple months back and i was frantically looking on my shelves for aftershave that had something left. I found a full bottle of this Jil Sander (presumably was my fathers) and god damn it smells good. It just says 'Man' on the bottle though. Edit: I don't like the fact Lobster is also walking around london, smelling like me! ;)

I have since restocked on the hermes (citrusy and a bit woody). My other go to for summer are Jo Malone Black Pomegranate and Jo Malone Mandarin, lime and Basil.

My basic ones for england's spring (read: rain) are Paul Smith Man (green bottle) and Hugo Boss man (bottle looks like a hip flask).

Edited by urbanshogun

my terre d'hermes ran out a couple months back and i was frantically looking on my shelves for aftershave that had something left. I found a full bottle of this Jil Sander (presumably was my fathers) and god damn it smells good. It just says 'Man' on the bottle though. Edit: I don't like the fact Lobster is also walking around london, smelling like me! ;)

I have since restocked on the hermes (citrusy and a bit woody). My other go to for summer are Jo Malone Black Pomegranate and Jo Malone Mandarin, lime and Basil.

My basic ones for england's spring (read: rain) are Paul Smith Man (green bottle) and Hugo Boss man (bottle looks like a hip flask).

Good to know...Im hoping to pick up a bottle of Feeling man..or Man soon. Sounds like my kind of sent.:)

Im a huge Terre D fan...I too just purchased some of the after shave lotion..100 ML...fantastic stuff.

Mike