When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

haha congrats, and we thought you said ...

Those are great additions

Fahrenheit is a classic, crazy people laugh at it. I love this stuff!!

Yes I said no more, but I needed a bit of retail therapy. The previous week was a bit tough. I may be finished now though. I guess we shall see in the near future.

I use Tom Ford Tuscan Leather or Burberry Touch usually. But I will have to try Creed Aventus & Irish Tweed after reading this thread ;)

Ordered myself a 4ml sampler Aventus from the bay.... Lets check if it fits with my body chemistry..

I use Tom Ford Tuscan Leather or Burberry Touch usually. But I will have to try Creed Aventus & Irish Tweed after reading this thread ;)

Ordered myself a 4ml sampler Aventus from the bay.... Lets check if it fits with my body chemistry..

Good call on Aventus, see how the sample works. It is my favourite of all time scent, but that is my ultra subjective opinion given that it does so well in terms of development on my skin (added bonus is that people compliments me from time to time with it too).

Green Irish Tweed is also very nice but perhaps too green for me. I actually prefer Bond No 9s Chez Bond which is similar but a bit more 'loosened up', sweeter even. But when I say sweet, don't think of it as a sweet fragrance per se. I was trying to find a way of describing it better.

Yes I said no more, but I needed a bit of retail therapy. The previous week was a bit tough. I may be finished now though. I guess we shall see in the near future.

I get what you mean, I have pretty much sniffed out as many as I could and bought those which suit me best. There will probably be new ones coming out which I will test out and decide on.

I will give Spicebomb another chance next week.

Opium EDP

I bought Spicebomb today, just wow!!!!!

Mike, you need, no, YOU MUST check this out!!!!! Tobacco Vanille, spicy and leathery, boozy. ALL in one.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Viktor-Rolf/Spicebomb-13857.html

Is it worth adding to a collection? Is this one I should not miss?

Mike, you need, no, YOU MUST check this out!!!!! Tobacco Vanille, spicy and leathery, boozy. ALL in one.

http://www.fragranti...bomb-13857.html

Thanks bro...the local Norstroms just strated carrying this last week. Im going to pick up a sample tonight.

I will let you know what I think.... sounds good so far.:)

Mike

Opium EDP

Is it worth adding to a collection? Is this one I should not miss?

You will like it. It's very interesting. Longevity on me is an issue but I think it's a worthy buy. Sample it definitely first.

Thanks bro...the local Norstroms just strated carrying this last week. Im going to pick up a sample tonight.

I will let you know what I think.... sounds good so far. :)

Mike

Can't wait for your thoughts on this

Curiously, has anyone have a cologne gone bad? I had a coolwater that i left in the car and after awhile, it smelled bad.

There could be several factors but I think the temperature fluctuations in the car may have affected the fragrance. Usually you should keep fragrances in a darker place with cooler temperatures so anything else may simply increase the probability of the fragrance going bad much earlier.

Nice collection btw, I love Eau Fraiche

http://www.fragranti...bomb-13857.html

Ok bro...my first Impressions.

Overall a very nice sent...the top was a big blast of spice for me...so spicebomb Is a good name. Also the sprayer is very good and offers above average coverage.

I was at first reminded of Burburry's London...that spice and tobacco Is very nice. I was also reminded of John varvatos by John varvatos(the original) with the dried fruit/ date and leather notes coming through.

These are some of my favorite notes so I had high hopes for Spicebomb...but alas. the party was over before It began...on my skin unfortunately.

I dont mind so much that It sits close to my skin...not all my fragrances need to be projection monsters...but the longivity sucks. In a little over two hours I could barely detect anything. It was like I had never had it on In the first place. To be fair Is was quite warm out...around 84 F. Maybe It would last longer and project a bit better In cooler weather. But I get the feeling that wont make a huge difference.

It has a very nice powdery vanilla drydown with some cinnamon In the background. I also get the Tom Ford's TV vibe. But It's over so quickly It's difficult to enjoy. I hope they come out with a EDP or parfum version. Now that could make a huge difference on how this fragrance plays out on my skin.

But It's certainly worth a try...some may get better results than I did. The type of skin can make a difference....dry vs oily....etc. I also feel that this is better suited for the cooler months. But thats just my opinion. Your mileage may vary ;)

Im actually going to layer this with London today and see what happens.....stay tuned....more to come. :D

Mike

Ok bro...my first Impressions.

Overall a very nice sent...the top was a big blast of spice for me...so spicebomb Is a good name. Also the sprayer is very good and offers above average coverage.

I was at first reminded of Burburry's London...that spice and tobacco Is very nice. I was also reminded of John varvatos by John varvatos(the original) with the dried fruit/ date and leather notes coming through.

These are some of my favorite notes so I had high hopes for Spicebomb...but alas. the party was over before It began...on my skin unfortunately.

I dont mind so much that It sits close to my skin...not all my fragrances need to be projection monsters...but the longivity sucks. In a little over two hours I could barely detect anything. It was like I had never had it on In the first place. To be fair Is was quite warm out...around 84 F. Maybe It would last longer and project a bit better In cooler weather. But I get the feeling that wont make a huge difference.

It has a very nice powdery vanilla drydown with some cinnamon In the background. I also get the Tom Ford's TV vibe. But It's over so quickly It's difficult to enjoy. I hope they come out with a EDP or parfum version. Now that could make a huge difference on how this fragrance plays out on my skin.

But It's certainly worth a try...some may get better results than I did. The type of skin can make a difference....dry vs oily....etc. I also feel that this is better suited for the cooler months. But thats just my opinion. Your mileage may vary ;)

Im actually going to layer this with London today and see what happens.....stay tuned....more to come. :D

Mike

You hit the right nail there. LONGEVITY! If this thing lasted longer it could truly fulfil its potentials but It's over way too soon. I respray after 4 hours with a sample of it and that does help quite a bit.

The longer I wear it the more I love it. But a stronger version must surely be on its way.

I am wearing Thiery Mugler's Pure Havane today. :)

You hit the right nail there. LONGEVITY! If this thing lasted longer it could truly fulfil its potentials but It's over way too soon. I respray after 4 hours with a sample of it and that does help quite a bit.

The longer I wear it the more I love it. But a stronger version must surely be on its way.

I am wearing Thiery Mugler's Pure Havane today. :)

Yes...a sample sprayer is a good idea on this one.

I love John Varvatos Artisan...but longivity Is poor. so I keep a atomizer/sample sprayer In the car at times so I can reapply later In the day.

Speaking of Artisan....thats what Im going with today. :)

Mike