When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

I finally got my John Ford Tobacco Vanille...probably the best tobacco fragrance I have ever experienced.

Guess what Im wearing today. ;)

I subscribe to this guys (Marc) chanel..he's from Qubec Canada. I think he has over 200 bottels of cologne.

I also feel that he does the best videos on youtube....very knowledgable. He also loves the tobacco and leather scents. :)

Here is a resent video of his last haul.

Mike

• Like 1

Nice one Mike, I am glad you finally got it. How was the split? I sniffed TV again today and I just need it as well :D

I would try layering it with Tuscan Leather is you get a chance.

Marc is awesome, his collection is epic and he is very approachable.

BTW, I got a new fragrance today again :p... Costume National Scent Intense.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/CoSTUME-NATIONAL/Scent-Intense-2305.html

It is listed as a ladies frag, but this IS NOT a ladies frag. It is a panty dropper. When guys wear this... girls go nuts. I bought it from this department store in London and the lady never heard of this and thought I was nuts to wanting to try this. When she sprayed it she turned a little wild. No kidding. Try it :p

Nice one Mike, I am glad you finally got it. How was the split? I sniffed TV again today and I just need it as well :D

I would try layering it with Tuscan Leather is you get a chance.

Marc is awesome, his collection is epic and he is very approachable.

BTW, I got a new fragrance today again :p... Costume National Scent Intense.

http://www.fragranti...tense-2305.html

It is listed as a ladies frag, but this IS NOT a ladies frag. It is a panty dropper. When guys wear this... girls go nuts. I bought it from this department store in London and the lady never heard of this and thought I was nuts to wanting to try this. When she sprayed it she turned a little wild. No kidding. Try it :p

The split went well Lobster...thanks...and I just love TV....awesome stuff. I will give the layering with English leather a try...my two favorite sents... tobacco and leather.

The JF TV is so awesome In fact..Im wearing It again today.

Love those panty droppers bro. ;)

Mike

post-19368-0-15253000-1327947305.jpg

You guys sure seem to like the Tom Ford lineup. Which would you recommend I try? Again my current collection is:

Bond No 9 Saks 5th Avenue, Bond No 9 Chez Bond, Clive Christian X for Men, Prada by Prada for Men, Yves St Laurent L'Homme, D&G The One, Creed Royal Oud

Well, in my teens I just bought what ever my friends used, but for some reason I got stuck with Hugo Boss.. had ever bottle they manufactured..

And my favorite must be "In Motion"

inmontion_index.jpg

Later on I got more interested to explore the wonderful world of fragence.

Tried the old classics like Fahrenheit, CK Eternity etc.

Right now I´m rocking 'PLAY Intense' from Givenchy, mostly because my wife likes how it smells on me (keep in mind, different person, different smell)

givenchy_play_intense.jpg

Next one I´m interested in is 'John Ford Tobacco Vanille' , but I think I have to sell one of my reps for this... $$$ (do they rep this ?? ;) ) tom-ford-tobacco-vanille-2.jpg

You guys sure seem to like the Tom Ford lineup. Which would you recommend I try? Again my current collection is:

Bond No 9 Saks 5th Avenue, Bond No 9 Chez Bond, Clive Christian X for Men, Prada by Prada for Men, Yves St Laurent L'Homme, D&G The One, Creed Royal Oud

All I can say Red is...If you like a classy/well made tobacco sent....with a hint of vanilla....It would be difficult to beat TF Tobacco Vanille. It's not cheep..but a little go's a long way. Two sprays lasted me around ten plus hours.

I cant comment on the other TF fragrances...but the Tobacco Vanille is one of the classiest sents I have ever experenced. Top shelf all the way.

Very nice rotation btw. :thumbs:

Mike

As Mike mentioned, I think Tobacco Vanille is pretty damn good. A sexy fragrance perfect for the colder months.

I would also recommend Tuscan Leather which smells like Clive Christian C for Men.

Noir de Noir is also unique. It smells like a dark boozy rose. You need balls to wear this.

I am liking Bond No 9 a lot these days. Four in my collection now. Coney Island, New Haarlem, Harrods for Men and Andy Warhol Silver Factory (which I realised smells similar to Costume National Scent Intense in the opening notes at least)

Well, in my teens I just bought what ever my friends used, but for some reason I got stuck with Hugo Boss.. had ever bottle they manufactured..

Right now I´m rocking 'PLAY Intense' from Givenchy, mostly because my wife likes how it smells on me (keep in mind, different person, different smell)

Next one I´m interested in is 'John Ford Tobacco Vanille' , but I think I have to sell one of my reps for this... $$$ (do they rep this ?? ;) )

I like "Play", well made fragrance. Unfortunately they don't rep Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, but even if they did, you can't beat the real thing. Watch reps are different because you can always mod them, but with frags it's different. Sell a rep that you don't wear and get yourself TV :p, Ladies will love you!!

inmontion_index.jpg

givenchy_play_intense.jpg

Next one I´m interested in is 'John Ford Tobacco Vanille' , but I think I have to sell one of my reps for this... $$$ (do they rep this ?? ;) ) tom-ford-tobacco-vanille-2.jpg

NEVER but rep perfume! Do not do that to your health!

Rep cologne is not like the good value we have In are rep watches. Not only can rep cologne have chemicals that can harm your skin...but It wont last but 20-30 min...then It's gone. The Inferior Ingredients wont give It any staying power at all.

Really just a big waste of money....that was my experence when I purchased a fake bottle of JPG Le male on ebay. At least I got my money back.

Thierry Mugler's Pure Coffee layerd with TM Pure Havane for me today. They work very well together...the coffee and tobacco are just so pleasing to the senses.

Mike

Hey guys, I am wearing Vetiver Extrodinaire by Frederic Malle.

Also, new fragrance by:

Thiery Mugler coming out called A*Men Pure Shot

Top notes: icy mint and juniper berry.

The heart notes: white pepper and cardamom.

The basenotes: sequoia and patchouli

Im looking foward to TM PS... I hope that mint note Isnt dominating...not real big on mint notes. ;)

Here is what Marc thinks about the upcomming fragrance.

Issey Miyake L' eau D' Issey for me today.

Mike

Im looking foward to TM PS... I hope that mint note Isnt dominating...not real big on mint notes. ;)

Here is what Marc thinks about the upcomming fragrance.

Issey Miyake L' eau D' Issey for me today.

Mike

Not a mint guy that much myself but I have been warming up to it lately. All depends on how strong it is, subtle mint amongst woodier spicier mixes are ok. Pure Shot will get a try most definitely though.

Marc is always on point, I enjoyed his top 10 and bottom 10 for 2011 quite a bit.

London is snow town today so I reached out for New Haarlem for this cold Sunday morning.