When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

I tried Havana a little while back, I also love my tobacco scents. Yes it certainly does smell like tobacco but it has a very 'old-school' feel to it. Not that I have anything against that, in fact I love my old-school scents, but this one (on me at least), left me wanting to scrub it off.

Check this one also out, Costamor Tabacca.

Thanks for the heads up bro. This Is the very reason I don't like to blind buy. I did some research on Costamor Tabacca and It sounds like something I must try. I found this video on CT....this guy Is funny and does a pretty good job with his review. :D

I like to layer fragrances....especially durring the cooler months. So I layerd TF Tuscan leather with TM Pure malt this morning. All I can say Is "WOW" =@

Mike.

I received a sample of Tom Fords Noir from a Basenotes member about three weeks ago. I gave It a try when I got It but haven't really had time to decide If I like It. I put some on about a hour ago. I'm getting a very strong Habit Rouge vibe from this one. It seems like the Patchouli vanilla/talcum powder and maybe some nutmeg and cinnamon are the notes most prominent to my nose. It's nice but I'm not a big fan of vanilla and baby powder. It's giving me that older gentlemen smell. A good fragrance but just not for me.

I might have to give Noir de Noir a try. Sounds more Interesting than this one.

Mike

I received a sample of Tom Fords Noir from a Basenotes member about three weeks ago. I gave It a try when I got It but haven't really had time to decide If I like It. I put some on about a hour ago. I'm getting a very strong Habit Rouge vibe from this one. It seems like the Patchouli vanilla/talcum powder and maybe some nutmeg and cinnamon are the notes most prominent to my nose. It's nice but I'm not a big fan of vanilla and baby powder. It's giving me that older gentlemen smell. A good fragrance but just not for me.

I might have to give Noir de Noir a try. Sounds more Interesting than this one.

Mike

Noir de Noir is very heavy on the rose notes. I can smell the rose throughout the dry down. It's wonderful for a night out with the SO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Noir de Noir and TF Noir have nothing in common tbh.

TF Noir is a boring release - a let-down.

Noir de Noir on the other hand, as PhilFree also mentioned, is a Rose fragrance, a boozy dark rose with elements of oud and some even get a dark chocolate accord. It is truly stunning and probably the most unique in his range. I often layer Tuscan Leather with Noir de Noir for added balance.

Noir de Noir and TF Noir have nothing in common tbh.

TF Noir is a boring release - a let-down.

Noir de Noir on the other hand, as PhilFree also mentioned, is a Rose fragrance, a boozy dark rose with elements of oud and some even get a dark chocolate accord. It is truly stunning and probably the most unique in his range. I often layer Tuscan Leather with Noir de Noir for added balance.

I may try layering the two and see how it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Creeds Aventus today. If I ever purchase a full bottle of Creed.....Aventus will most likely be the one. The pineapple is absolutely subilme In this juice. I can't think of anything that smells quite like It. Very good projection and longevity. It smells expensive and made from the finest Ingredients. I'm not a huge Creed fan because of the price and average performance on my skin. But this one Is trully something special.

I walked Into the kitchen this morning to get my cup of joe.. The very first thing my cousin....who happens to be very hot. ;) said. "What the hell are you wearing? I must have It". I told her a little about the fragrance and a bit about the house of Creed. When I told her the price her smile fadded. :(. So I gave her a few sprays and wrote down some sites for samples/decants. :)

Awesome fragrance....well done Creed.

Mike

Creeds Aventus today. If I ever purchase a full bottle of Creed.....Aventus will most likely be the one. The pineapple is absolutely subilme In this juice. I can't think of anything that smells quite like It. Very good projection and longevity. It smells expensive and made from the finest Ingredients. I'm not a huge Creed fan because of the price and average performance on my skin. But this one Is trully something special.

I walked Into the kitchen this morning to get my cup of joe.. The very first thing my cousin....who happens to be very hot. ;) said. "What the hell are you wearing? I must have It". I told her a little about the fragrance and a bit about the house of Creed. When I told her the price her smile fadded. :(. So I gave her a few sprays and wrote down some sites for samples/decants. :)

Awesome fragrance....well done Creed.

Mike

Agreed, Aventus is stunning.

The others that I could wear with a smile is Tabarome (not the vintage one), Spice and Wood and most definitely Jardin d'Amalfi.

Agreed, Aventus is stunning.

The others that I could wear with a smile is Tabarome (not the vintage one), Spice and Wood and most definitely Jardin d'Amalfi.

Tabarome(2000) Is my next Creed try. The Tabacco, Tea and Ginger sound like they will go so well together.

Memoir man Amouage today. I'm getting a herbal minty vibe up top. Green....but not to green Imo. I've had it on about a half hour or so and I'm picking up on some leather and tobacco. With a hint of vanilla maybe. Not a easy one for me to figure out. I wore this about a week ago and It didn't seem to last that long on my skin. But It was quite warm out that day so maybe the cooler weather will give me better results. If I do end up really liking this I most likely will stick to decants. At around $200.00 for a 50ml I don't see me making a full bottle purchase anytime soon.

That said.....very nice fragrance.

Mike

Tom ford - neroli portofino. Expensive at £200 for 100ml but it is amaaaaaazing. People in stores, lifts , work, women, men .....everyone asks me what m wearing. I reply with the same reply....its a private blend i hade made. Lol!!!!! P.s. this fragrance is unisex so appeals to all.