When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Goin' down a different watch road (for me)... The Montauk Highway

Panerai and Rolex have pretty much been the only watches on my wrist consistently for the past 10 years or so.

So I thought it was time to try out something other than a black dial. I've always liked AP's when I've seen them in pics and on other wrists. But when I tried them on, I just didn't feel it enough to keep one.

Limited Edition of 300 and I really like it so far. Thanks to member Dylan for the smooth transaction smile1.gif

I went with a rubber strap for now until I decide what's next for this one wink1.gif

Some phone pics from this afternoon just after it arrived...

montauk05.jpg

montauk03.jpg

montauk02.jpg

montauk04.jpg

Looks great :tu:

Haven't ventured down the AP ROO path yet but I'm tempted regularly....

Same for me the past couple of years. The fit and finish is impressive, although I'm used to looking down on my wrist and seeing a watch that's a little more understated color-wise. Time will tell, but I think a Ti bead blasted Chrono Passion may be next ;)

Same for me the past couple of years. The fit and finish is impressive, although I'm used to looking down on my wrist and seeing a watch that's a little more understated color-wise. Time will tell, but I think a Ti bead blasted Chrono Passion may be next ;)

It was only a matter of time. Let me know when you are ready to build that franken. ;)

Looks great :tu:

Haven't ventured down the AP ROO path yet but I'm tempted regularly....

DL, I use to have no interest in AP's, Now that's all I want,,, Even though

I love my Pams.. I have plenty of those! ;)

Happy Holidays my friend...

And thanks for assisting on the forum!'

MM

enjoy the watch my friend excellent purchase im sure u will love it the more you wear it and maybe try a few new shoes for it.. oh its only 99 now other one got lost and went down its on path ..aka my wrist in rg :)) poor little thing

Looks good strange that the blue in this pic mmatches the blue in your pam signature

Sig249a.jpg

Funny you mention that... I was munching on my favorite snack food last night and noticed both the font color and background color were a close match to the AP. Even the subtle reddish-brown color of the subdials was the same (a little hard to see in the pic with the lack of AR on the xtal).

I wonder if someone at the corporate office owns the same AP model?

montauk07.jpg

Robert, I have to say you have the AP Disease.

I talked to the watch Doctor and he said the

only cure for you to feel better and not blue,

Is to get another AP Watch when you can... ;)

Cheers my friend..

MM

Nice to see you and Watchmeister have got my back... I think ;) ... I think I'm in trouble, LOL

The Montauk Highway runs through the heart of the Hamptons in New York and for some distance along the cliffs overhanging the Atlantic Ocean.

My summer house is locked up for the winter but when I go out there in a few months, I'll post pics. But that is why it's accented as blue, probably. Altho the Atlantic up here is a green ocean, not blue ;)

Ohoh....I hear a story I do remember very good (beside the Rolex part).

I for one was (and still am when it comes to gen) on the Panerai road since 2000 for the real deal, discovered reps of my beloved brand in 2003 and build up a nice OP rep-collection beside my gens.

But AP ROO´s have always been in my mind since the 1990ies when I started collecting watches...the ROO was my goal and dream watch.

With these reps I can fullfill my lust for the Genta-design, a unique styled watch but without paying a fortune to own one.

Now I have 17 ROO´s and RO´s I change wearing daily....and I am not yet ready with AP :D

So welcome to the club...enjoy

Theo

The Montauk Highway runs through the heart of the Hamptons in New York and for some distance along the cliffs overhanging the Atlantic Ocean.

My summer house is locked up for the winter but when I go out there in a few months, I'll post pics. But that is why it's accented as blue, probably. Altho the Atlantic up here is a green ocean, not blue

It's the blue of yesteryear ;)