When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Japanese Replicas

Lateralus

Very good Randy, but please correct me if I'm wrong................the reps were made in the US :D

Ken

This brings up a good point - ok, so we all know that there is a big immigration problem in texas where lots of mexican day workers come over the border every day.

So - lets say we manufactured cars in southern texas or more likley arizona

and, the plant is physically in the US but all of the workers are mexican

is it mexican made or american made.

Does the term modify the persons or the physical location.

it would seem to me that it should be the persons - I mean who gives a [censored] if you have a "swiss made" watch, but it was made by butterfingers phoband.

i think it modifys the person, therefore, those are japanese made reps

Just wait till you see the pricing on those though ;)

@Randy....that top shot of yours is superb.....such a nice picture...as I don't have that particular model to hand.....I took the liberty of 'playing' a little with it...just to put the TTK mark on it......not in any way to belittle your own interpretation....it's artistically and technically extremely good.......it's a great pic...just to see what it would look like if I had shot it....I hope you don't mind...:D

140626-17105.jpg

Generally a product is considered made in the country it is assembled in. That's why Honda cars made in Ohio are made in USA and why cameras whos parts are manufactured in Japan and assembled in Korea are made in Korea regardless of who's hands do the assembling.

I like my analysis better for 2 reasons

1. I made it and;

2. it makes the thread more entertaining (the result of the analysis not the content)

Very good Randy, but please correct me if I'm wrong................the reps were made in the US :D

Ken

Okay... Technically, the parts are Swiss on the DateJust and the Daytona; the Sub is a combination of rep and gen parts with an ETA inside... The assembly took place in the U.S. and the hand assembling is Japanese.

For further clarification... I am not a dealer. The watches are not for sale, as they are made for my own personal enjoyment and collection :) As most here know, I have a few others I have done as well as a few in progress...

@Randy....that top shot of yours is superb.....such a nice picture...as I don't have that particular model to hand.....I took the liberty of 'playing' a little with it...140644-17104.jpg

Very nice, Neil! I am always a fan of your work... May I ask what steps you took to achieve this image?

@Randy...just a little adjustment in contrast and a little use of the unsharp mask....!

Having said that......looking at yours and mine....I catually prefer the original.....mine would be great as a sales photo.....but in purely subjective terms...I prefer your shot....:D

Generally a product is considered made in the country it is assembled in. That's why Honda cars made in Ohio are made in USA and why cameras whos parts are manufactured in Japan and assembled in Korea are made in Korea regardless of who's hands do the assembling.

That's the difference between American Made and Made In America.

@Randy....that top shot of yours is superb.....such a nice picture...as I don't have that particular model to hand.....I took the liberty of 'playing' a little with it...just to put the TTK mark on it......not in any way to belittle your own interpretation....it's artistically and technically extremely good.......it's a great pic...just to see what it would look like if I had shot it....I hope you don't mind...:D

Me too! :D

141182-16931.jpg