When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshs new 42mm Explorer

Star69

I think the difference between the GMT hand color and the "Explorer II" font color may just be the pictures. I bought one from Andrew and the QC pictures show a good match between the orange color of the GMT hand and the "Explorer II" font color. I am sure it is the same model.

Even if it ends up being different or slightly different it is an easy fix (paint the GMT hand a matching color). Otherwise, I am impressed with the watch and having the proper lume is a big plus as normally I have to have The Zigmeister work his magic on the lume (perhaps this time it will be the GMT hand - I will see when I have the watch in hand).

TimeShare

after seeing the QC pictures i cooled down a little ;)

waiting for the black one - but i have a bad feeling about those CGs - they look really wrong.

cheers,

Frank

:wub:

111202_IMG_8972-Edit.jpg

Edited by Star69

I had the black dial in V1 of this 42mm watch (not the right bezel and too small of crown) but decided to go with the White Explorer II from Andrew. You can see the QC pictures for my watch on Andrews site at the bottom of the regualr pictures for the item. Interestingly, the QC pictures show a much closer match to the orange color on the dial and the orange GMT hand then did Joshs or Andrews regular pictures.

TimeShare

Interestingly, the QC pictures show a much closer match to the orange color on the dial and the orange GMT hand then did Joshs or Andrews regular pictures.

Yeah, same on my QC pics. But why is everyone waiting for the black dial? Because you don't like the white or because it's more accurate?

I have never liked white dial Rolex sports models. I always prefer black with steel. I will buy a white one if they get the hands wrong on the black dial version. Neither are perfect but can be fine tuned with a little flattening of the CG's plus opening out slightly and polishing better.