When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reputable Japanese grade 1A dealer for a Rolex rep?

Roley1

Thanks for the much needed "calming" comments! :) Used to have a gen submariner. Sold it to finance a start up "side biz"..... Then, got married, had kids. Bought a home. You know, the same ol, same ol. So, these days I would rather spend any profits on building the kids college accounts, the retirement accounts, etc. When i heard about this site it amazed me in a bunch of diff. ways. Kuddos to whoever thought this up!! Anyway, miss the feel and look of the finest watch i ever had the priv. to own and wear. So, to get one that is "almost" the same for what, a tenth or more of the actual cost? Well, sign me up! I just hope it's everything the dealer and pictures claim it to be! Looking at what I'm wearing right now, and having owned a nice watch in the past, i am very embarrased to say what's on my wrist currently is a dept. store green and fake gold thingy that hardly keeps accurate time! hahahaha! i think it's time I deserve to get something that at least will fool the fools, right?

• 1 month later...

Hi Jkay,

First of all apologyze for bothering you.. but I'm naive due to this is my first time.

Regarding your post of the different movement qualities:

1) Asia movement, 2) Cloned Swiss movement 3) Real Swiss movement

I was interested on buying a high-quality replica bt sure, from a trsuted dealer. REading some post, thanks RWG people, I discarded bestswiss, replicahause and e-valueshop.. but eh one I was aware have better feedback (perfect-clones and asian7750) are not offering swiss movements.

Couls you guide me on this? Where to find information about trusted swiss movement trusted dealers? (PS: The model I'm lookinmg for is the Tag-Heuer Grand Carrera RS2 CAlibre 17.. with the titanium case).

Thanks for this forum and your actively participation on this. Helps me a lot.

David (Barcelona,. Spain)

The Swiss 7750 is not offered in most replicas due to it's high cost.

A properly serviced Asian 7750 movement is just as good, an in some cases better than the Swiss counterpart. The Asian movements sometimes have an improved date function which is not as susceptible to breaking as the Swiss version.

Figure on an additional 200 USD for a proper service by a thoroughly qualified 7750 technician.

May I say that such a complicated mechanical watch is not always the best choice for a first time buyer, due to the added cost of a servicing.

Hi Guys,

I have been researching rep watches for a while on a few forums, but am yet to pull the trigger. About a year ago when I was last looking, the sub to buy seemed to be the BK WM9 sub. I am hoping to buy a decent quality rep, that will not be obvious to others as a fake. I am interested in either a sub with the green ceramic bezel, or a deep sea.

I guess the big giveaways are the shape of the crown guards, incorrect bracelets, bad/ no lume, a cyclops with no anti reflective coating, and maybe hands that are incorrect.

Other worries of mine are that the watch will not be as waterproof as a $50 casio, and that the movement will not be any good and requires servicing as soon as you buy it, and I dont know who would do that work without possibly confiscating the watch. I also do not want to own an obvious rep that provides entertainment for people who are good at pointing out the flaws.

Who should I go to to solve these problems. I have been looking in BK's storefront on this site, and it appears that he buys a good quality rep watch, upgrades it to look less fake, puts in a new crystal, possibly waterproofing it, and maybe gives it a service before it goes out the door. Is he the best guy to talk to or are there other people who do similar work. I noticed that many of the watches advertised in his store have been up there for 3 years, and mention WM9 who I understand is a defunct dealer.

Sorry for all of the newbie questions all at once.

Oh one final one. Another topic called "Who has the best submariner currently?" mentions that there is a new movement that has just been replicated, which is coming out this year, possibly with a newly improved case. Should I wait for this?

Thanks

rrari ... if you're that worried, just buy BK's current Sub offering. Simple solution and you won't regret it. He makes a quality product and is great to deal with.

Finding the 'perfect' Sub is going to be a life-long pursuit if you over-analyze.

There will always be improvements coming out, and as with most of us, you'll either be happy with what you've already bought, or will sell it and move on to the next one ... ;)

Finding the 'perfect' Sub is going to be a life-long pursuit if you over-analyze.

:snorkel: :snorkel: :snorkel: :snorkel: :snorkel: Did someone mention wher to get those real wiss made replica?

I bought a genuine SWISS made grade AAA +++ Submariner replica about 12 years ago... turned out to be an MBW made in China. At the same time, I also bought a Japanese grade Exp II and guess what? Made in china! lol

Ive learned a LOT in the last 5 years....

dizz

try perfect clones (josh) or silix-prime they do provide excellent service and answers to querries via email quite fast.

In a few other threads I have read that while many of the AD's advertise that you can have the watch serviced and waterproofed before they send it to you, that this should be taken with a grain of salt, and that you are better off getting the watch serviced by a local repair shop. Do you guys generally agree with that, or should I have more faith in the AD's?

Is it just the Asian movements that are delivered dry and dirty, or would a watch with a Swiss ETA 2836 also require an initial service?

In a few other threads I have read that while many of the AD's advertise that you can have the watch serviced and waterproofed before they send it to you, that this should be taken with a grain of salt, and that you are better off getting the watch serviced by a local repair shop. Do you guys generally agree with that, or should I have more faith in the AD's?

Is it just the Asian movements that are delivered dry and dirty, or would a watch with a Swiss ETA 2836 also require an initial service?

A couple points of clarification -

1. AD stands for Authorized Dealer (for a genuine (gen) watch brand). In this case, an official Rolex dealer.

2. Virtually all movements in rep watches, regardless of whether they are Swiss or Asian-made, are used &/or unserviced. Therefore, if the watch is important to you &/or you want it to be reliable, you should have the watch professionally overhauled (disassembled, cleaned & oiled) by a professional watchmaker upon receipt. You can contact some local watchmakers & ask if they service replica watches (it will be much easier to find someone willing to work on an ETA-powered rep - Swiss or Asian - rather than 1 powered by an unbranded Asian movement). There are also a few members of RWG who can help you out (check here).

I would encourage any newbies to read this before hitting any Buy buttons. It will save you alot of heartache, believe me.

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the forum. Please brace yourself as these types of questions bring the wrath of the gods upon you.

First, you have fallen prey to one of the top 10 lies of replica watches. There is NO grading system. Any advertisements of such are lies, unless you can find the true AAAA++++ grade replica's, in which case you shall be required to return here and inform the membership of your find. Upon which you will be summarily shot for revealing the source of TRUTH (i.e. "who has the best sub?" The answer to which has been a carefully guarded secret since the begininng of rep-dom. Many Bantha's have died protecting this information)

Secondly, on the forum there are Trusted Dealers. Their sections can be found toward the bottom of the main page of the forum. They are Trusted Dealers because, generally, they don't sell crap, and they don't rip people off. They have been vetted by the members and the admins. You will be advised by all to stick only with them.

Third, you will be told you haven't done enough homework yet, go back and use the search feature more. No. You haven't. You may think so, but you are only delaying the inevitable. Do it, again!

Fourth, you will be given much good and confusing/conflicting advice as the membership can heap upon you. And you will be told to benefit from it. Do so.

If you heed the advice in #4, do not ask obvious and silly questions thereforth such as "but who is BK? and where can I buy from him?" Such questions will cause the membership to smote you about the head and shoulders with a decomposing goat carcass.

Good luck

Thank you for this advice

• 1 month later...

Hi again JKay,

Knowing that you and a few folks have posted about the Chin. New Year, I am aware that patience is a must currently. My only question, since you all are the pros., would be.. I ordered that watch from Timesshop on the 18th. The cc payment went through successfully on the 19th, and they took the funds off the card (my bank) on the 20th. I paid the extra for the DHL quick ship but when I look to see how the tracking is going, it just says (on timesshop's website) that it is processing. I have only sent ONE email, which was on Wed. of this week.

Should I be worried that they took my money and ran? Or do i just wait for them to reply to my email?.... I don't want to be a pest as i know this is their time of holiday but I guess I assumed at least they would give me a time frame of when to expect shipping to take place. On their site it states that orders are usually sent out within a few business days.

Anyway, thank you for any expert insight as this is my very first time ordering a sub. :)

So what happened with this, Roley1?? Did you ever get your watch?