When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Submariner Housing Gen 3135 & Gen Parts (Part II)

tc670207

Part II

Let's then take a look at how gen crown fits TC Sub tube. Crown screw in, screw out, pull out the crown to the "heck" position, push in the crown to winding position, it operates smoothly just like the crown is with the gen tube.

tcsubmarinerwatchcaseho.jpg

Let's take a look at TC Sub's bezel assembly and then mount it on the watchcase:

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehok.jpg

Then screwing the crown down to the watchcase end, with the bezel assembly mounted.

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehof.jpg

So far, it is confirmed that TC Submariner watchcase can

1. house a gen 3135 including gen dial, gen hands, with no additional modification, checked.

2. take gen 25-295-c crystal with gen 2.5 mm gasket and the date mag still reads at 2.5x, checked.

3. tube takes gen crown, checked.

4. take gen caseback, checked.

I'm going to dis-assemble the gen bezel assembly then take gen bezel insert to see if it fits TC Sub bezel assembly. Here's the tool:

Steady and easy:

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehoe.jpg

Pearl on the gen bezel insert. This is the last mile:

Side by side comparison of gen bezel assembly and TC Sub bezel assembly:

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehog.jpg

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehow.jpg

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehod.jpg

I put the gen guts back to the gen Sub watchcase, leaving only gen bezel insert ready to be mounted on TC Sub bezel assembly.

Here it is. The gen bezel insert fits on TC Submariner bezel assembly perfectly, it clicks into TC Sub bezel ring just like popping into its own gen bezel ring. No additional modifications needed.

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehoy.jpg

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehof.jpg

tcsubmarinerwatchcasehod.jpg

Let's take a look the laser engravings between the lugs. Apparently the fonts are different. The engravings on the gen looks far smoother than on TC's, but I don't really care about this.

Finally, let's take a look at the crown position, gen vs. TC side by side:

Now I confirm that TC Submariner watchcase fits the description of "taking gen parts". It can

1. house gen 3135 movement, and gen dial flushes into the watchcase opening without any modifcation.

2. take gen 2.5 mm gasket and gen 25-295-c crystal and the magnification still reads at 2.5x.

3. TC Sub's tube takes gen crown with no problem.

4. bezel assembly takes gen bezel insert.

5. take gen caseback.

6. TC Sub's crown position is identical to gen.

and

7. This watchcase is designed to house ETA 2824, Sellita SW200, ETA 2892, and so on.

8. My seller also told me, with a proper movement holder, this watchcase could house an ETA 2836 or Sellita SW220.

This watchcase is one of the 3 major parts that are expansive to me in my project to build the perfect Submariner replica. However, it stands out from all the other competitors. I didn't know how good it is as a base kit until now. I want to thank to the member who asked me the question, "could your TC Sub watchcase take gen parts?"

Yes, it can!

Thanks for reading.

TC.

Now on to your End Link project please ;) Want to see if I have to continue with my project ;)

Chef I'll make some update during my CNY visit to the suppliers.

this looks all very professional ;)

so you creat your own brand here like MBW or Little Hero ?

are these TC Subs and parts for sale ?

cheers,

Frank

Frank, please check pm later.

frank, wanna trade a modern for the vintage? :)

haha - i think this whould be cool - the TC Subs - i mean - what the normal dealer offer is [censored]

i have the feeling the Chinese Rolex Reps get worse and worse every year :)

and there is space left next to BK ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Great. The crystal retaining ring doesn't have to be trimmed for an insert to fit properly. Boy I hate trimming the retaining ring.

2836-2 shouldn't fit. 2836-2 has a lower stem hole position. Even if it did, the stem would be bent/curved through the crown tube to the movement. Stick with 2892-a2, 2824-2 if you want your movement to last.

bk

Edited by bklm1234

Great. The crystal retaining ring doesn't have to be trimmed for an insert to fit properly. Boy I hate trimming the retaining ring.

2836-2 shouldn't fit. 2836-2 has a lower stem hole position. Even if it did, the stem would be bent/curved through the crown tube to the movement. Stick with 2892-a2, 2824-2 if you want your movement to last.

bk

2824-2 is what TC is supplying