When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A slap in the face...

automatico

After reading this thread, I went and registered just for fun:

Dear vandal.tbh,

We have now activated your account at the RepGeek.com. The forums can be found here:

http://www.repgeek.com/index.php

Your login details are as follows:

Username: vandal.tbh

Password: as you entered it when you registered

Don't forget that your password is case sensitive.

To edit your profile, please visit this page:

http://www.repgeek.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

All the best,

RepGeek.com

Funny thing is I hate that site. Maybe I'm retarded, but I have the hardest time navigating that forum. Why do they hide everything?

Muhaha!!! just got this, three months later:

Dear Adeodatus,

Unfortunately your registration at RepGeek.com did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,

Oh, man am I glad that I've found RWG first and didn't land on RG instead...

And about the numbers: on today's internet, forum membership count is redundant. I can personally add 10000 user accounts to any forum in a matter of 10-12 days. All legit with emails, a post or two and geographically differentiated. What would become of such a forum?! A garbage bin. As a long time forum user, even before they were called "forums", and an owner of one I can personally say that a quality of forum is not about the users count. IMHO it's about how active the members are, how willing they are to contribute and how close they feel within the forum. Sure, it's harder to measure, it's more difficult to sell to advertisers, but a smart advertiser, one that specializes in forum ads will never ask you about quantities, they will always ask about the quality. For us, members, the quality factor is obvious.

What on earth are we talking about? Some of us just want a nice watch and a good bloojoob. :inverted:

Edited by hambone

Muhaha!!! just got this, three months later:

Oh, man am I glad that I've found RWG first and didn't land on RG instead...

And about the numbers: on today's internet, forum membership count is redundant. .

It's sure not our grandfathers Internet, anymore :)

On a serious note, how would one quantify the quality of a forum to an advertiser. Unique visits or users active/ period of time?

Last time I was there, I came to the conclusion that it's a piece of [censored] forum full of trolls, [censored]wits and assholes. I couldn't care less if my account there is active or gets deleted...

Come on T....dont hold back...tell us how you really feel :lol:

Love It.:D

It's sure not our grandfathers Internet, anymore :)

On a serious note, how would one quantify the quality of a forum to an advertiser. Unique visits or users active/ period of time?

Average time on site + Bounce rate + posting rate (now much time takes an average user to reach 100 posts and posts per day) + % of users with over 100 posts + % of users with 1000+ posts etc. Plus previous campaigns of course.

If Im reading you right :g:

You are a platinum member T..you can say f uck shi t a$$holes or whatever you like..one of the nice side benefits of being a platinum member . :)

Oh I know that I can swear, bro, but when I was quoted, some of the cusses became censored, but 'assholes' didn't, and I just think it's funny that 'assholes' doesn't trip the censor :D