When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Verdict on Perfect Clones 5513?

captain swoop

Website claims all kinds of things about all parts are interchangeable with the genuine watch etc.

Is it a good representation 'out of the box'?

CGs look a bit small to me but that might ne the oversize crown

If it takes gen parts than a crystal swap, different crown etc should see me ok.

How about the dial? swap or OK?

These have been a good deal for the price. Yes the crown guards are stubby, but you can swap in another crystal and a gen crown. Not sure if the gen crown fits on the existing tube or if you have to put a new tube in there. On the SSD V2, the gen crown would screw on the rep tube, but the base of the crown was too thick to make it thru the hole of the case tube w/ the gasket in there. Rep crowns have gotten a lot better lately. As for the dial, you can fit one in there, don't know if it's worth it though. I look at these a good budget reps, great for a few mods and to wear as a beater

I do not think a gen crown will always fit Josh's tube, but a Clark tube is only 17$.

Gen dials, crystals and inserts fit fine, Rolex or Tudor. It also has genuine bezel construction, a big plus.

The only off thing about the watch are the small crown guards, but for 100$ this watch is a steal. Heres a couple of mine with gen parts.

739a8ce0.jpg

36abf231.jpg

I just Emailed Josh with an order :)

Cool!

There is a giant thread on modding this particular watch from last year, titled something like "josh's 5513 is nice"

Many members here bought them and made them all sorts of frankens. Lot's of pictures and tips too. :)

its a good starter no date vintage sub and great beater for the $100 price tag, but i wouldnt sink any vast amount of $$ into modding it.

This watch is no different mod-wise than the $250 Swiss equivalent. Having it cost $100 doesn't make it any less of a candidate for modding, even if you do add $700 worth of parts to it. We're only interested in the case itself.

Edited by superlative

This watch is no different mod-wise than the $250 Swiss equivalent. Having it cost $100 doesn't make it any less of a candidate for modding, even if you do add $700 worth of parts to it. We're only interested in the case itself.

then i suggest spending $99 more and getting a way better case to sink $700 into from the beginning.

6289318577_43312c65b2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...