When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Verdict on Perfect Clones 5513?

captain swoop

They aren't easy to find, your best bet is to watch the sales forums and pick one up second hand.

There have been four that I've seen in the last month for sale here and at rg. Just keep your eyes open and be ready to buy :)

Heres my MBW 5512 parts getting ready to build.

MBW 5513 case set

Ingod 5512 dial

Gen T19

Gen 702 crown/tube

6bb44c42.jpg

do the crown guards (especially the factory asymmetry) and get a gen old style 703 crown and youre perfect!

crown guards are complete wrong, to short, not enough metal, have a look on a gen case

The MBW mystics :

captain swoop asked :

Where do you get an MBW Case Set?

I ask the same :

I noticed here, answers are like politician answers, someone ask something and, replies are complete out of the subject or drifts to another subject

Lot of talk : MBW case here, MBW cases there etc.

one more time :

I have to pay something or be a platinium to have infos ? this is a well kept secret ?

oh, I forgot :

A few months ago I asked the terrible "Where do you get an MBW Case Set?" and I got some evasive responses like "do a search" B)

• Like 1

Guest zeleni kukuruz

crown guards are complete wrong, to short, not enough metal, have a look on a gen case

The MBW mystics :

captain swoop asked :

I ask the same :

I noticed here, answers are like politician answers, someone ask something and, replies are complete out of the subject or drifts to another subject

Lot of talk : MBW case here, MBW cases there etc.

one more time :

I have to pay something or be a platinium to have infos ? this is a well kept secret ?

oh, I forgot :

A few months ago I asked the terrible "Where do you get an MBW Case Set?" and I got some evasive responses like "do a search" B)

My best french friend, Narika can source them :) he goes to the thailand from time to time. He can buy one for you. They come from thailand a mall in bangkok can remember the malls name but its a huge mall.

My best french friend, Narika can source them :) he goes to the thailand from time to time. He can buy one for you. They come from thailand a mall in bangkok can remember the malls name but its a huge mall.

MBK is the name of the mall...

800px-MBK_Bangkok_1.jpg

Dee

Again...I emailed Reg last week and he said, "Getting things out of the MBK and (the dealers name deleted) unwillingness to sell parts just makes it not worth the trouble."

The case doesn't have enough CG metal but a lot of real gens do not anymore because they've been overpolished. You can definitely grind it down a bit and make it more gen.

The watch came with horrible orange colored markers, need to fix that.

Does anyone know if Yuki Tudor caseback would fit this one?

Edited by JohnDorian

"A few months ago I asked the terrible "Where do you get an MBW Case Set?" and I got some evasive responses like "do a search."

Might keep a daily lookout on the watches for sale and parts for sale forums on RWG. I know it is a pain but sooner or later one will turn up.

I have owned a few '1680' cases...Paul/Abay, Yuki, DW, a few of unknown origins, and MBK. Iirc the MBK is the best of the bunch especially if you count the extra expense of a Yuki, Phong etc case.

I never tried to put a 1570/75 in the MBK case but I doubt it would be a whole lot of trouble and besides, I have read where Yuki etc cases were not exactly the same every time.

I am sure there are detail differences between 1680 MBK cases and high $$ Yuki/Phong etc cases but doubt if the MBK is 'bad' enough to justify the Yuki/Phong etc price differences, especially if you plan to use an Eta movement.

Otoh, if you plan to use a genuine 1570/75 and are not interested in making the 1570/75 fit into the MBK case...you might be better off with a Yuki/Phong etc case.

The DW case would accept a genuine 1570/75 and dial but the crystal, inner and outer bezel etc were not oem spec and the case had rounded sides like a DJ.

Again...I emailed Reg last week and he said, "Getting things out of the MBK and (the dealers name deleted) unwillingness to sell parts just makes it not worth the trouble."

Does he mean parts or the complete watch?

He got me a 5513 on his last visut to Thailand in Feb complete with genuine MBK shopping bag. (At least I thing its genuine) :)

Looks like an overpolished 40-50 year old watch. Put on a better crown and tweak the CGs a bit and it doesn't look so bad, especially for the price.

Mellow...