When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Auto Car AC Setting & Wives

vandal.tbh

It seems like all the newer cars have automatic temperature control. I've been in a lot of cars where it doesn't work so well. However, mine is not one of those. My car's auto setting works perfectly.

I hit auto and set the temp in my zone and i don't have to think about it at all. It does an outstanding job of regulating the temperature, humidity and airflow perfectly.

But then my wife gets in the car, and cannot seem to leave well enough alone. She instantly takes manual control and manually sets the fan speed, temperature, AC, etc. It drives me nuts! Her car is one of those cars that doesn't work very well, but I keep telling her that mine works great, please leave it alone. I tell her if she's hot or cold, adjust the temp [censored] for her side and let the car do the work. But of course, she cannot do this. This morning we're driving and the windows start to fog up, I look down and she has the auto turned off and the AC is off. Then she asks me "why are your windows fogging up, I've never seen them do that before?" To which I reply "because you seem to think you are smarter than my car and won't let it do its job of maintaining the correct settings. Just let it do its job!"

Anyway, I just had to vent. Does anyone else have this problem?

P.S. She also hates using the bluetooth speakerphone in the car. She'd rather drive with one hand holding the phone to her ear. (The speaker and mic work perfectly as well).

I love her, but she's insane...

• Like 1

My wife is exactly the same!!! Drives me crazy! Her old car was a 2007 Corvette Convertible. Had the Dual Zone auto settings. Worked like a champ. Now we have a 2009 Mercedes E-Class with the same thing. When I drive the car, I set it to auto and we are off to the races. When she drives the car and it's too hot, she dials the bloody temp settings down to sub-zero temps and cranks the fan up to "full speed ahead captain"! Then she gets cold, so she turns the heat up to the "I am hotter than the sun" setting. I have tried endlessly, and painlessly, to explain to her that we spend a lot of money for these nice little conveniences and yet she just flat out refuses to use them.

I feel your pain my friend!! It's a battle that we will never, ever win (but you can be damn sure we will keep on fighting the good fight!)

I drive a 1963 Land Rover and my wife is happy to have ANY heat out of the beast. So it's a wool bottom layer, a sweater, a down coat, a scarf, a hat and mittens with a down skiskirt on. Me? I have my TNF fleece unzipped.

I get to ride in it alone.... a LOT.

My wife is exactly the same!!! Drives me crazy! Her old car was a 2007 Corvette Convertible. Had the Dual Zone auto settings. Worked like a champ. Now we have a 2009 Mercedes E-Class with the same thing. When I drive the car, I set it to auto and we are off to the races. When she drives the car and it's too hot, she dials the bloody temp settings down to sub-zero temps and cranks the fan up to "full speed ahead captain"! Then she gets cold, so she turns the heat up to the "I am hotter than the sun" setting. I have tried endlessly, and painlessly, to explain to her that we spend a lot of money for these nice little conveniences and yet she just flat out refuses to use them.

I feel your pain my friend!! It's a battle that we will never, ever win (but you can be damn sure we will keep on fighting the good fight!)

Yea, I've got the MB C-350 and the temp control works perfectly. But she can't let it go!

Let the battle rage on!

Edited by vandal.tbh

I'm sure Apple will send me an app to sort her out soon lol, drives me bloody nuts too :bangin: it's a common issue with the vintage woman I've got not sure if the later models had an upgrade though :g:

She can't grasp the fact that 'climate control' means just that, we live in 35C heat most of summer some days hotter, and whenever I get in her car bugger me the AC is off cause she got too cold last trip :inverted:

feeling your pain vandal !

I drive a 1963 Land Rover and my wife is happy to have ANY heat out of the beast. So it's a wool bottom layer, a sweater, a down coat, a scarf, a hat and mittens with a down skiskirt on. Me? I have my TNF fleece unzipped.

Driving a 1963 Land Rover :clap2: a real mans realm

Dagmar-mario-2986PF.jpg

One day soon I shall have one. Diesel and no frills. E

Uh oh, then I guess I do have "frills" because I have two electric wipers mounted! But one's broken so I use its handle for a "courtesy wipe" as needed.

Now back on topic, can I really call it "air conditioning" or is it just a "leak I haven't fixed yet"? :g:

snow2.jpg

Uh oh, then I guess I do have "frills" because I have two electric wipers mounted! But one's broken so I use its handle for a "courtesy wipe" as needed.

Now back on topic, can I really call it "air conditioning" or is it just a "leak I haven't fixed yet"? :g:

snow2.jpg

Leak? Just say beautiful

And remarkably similar to a brand new GMC Volt... recently tested and failed when the driver tried to (gasp) use the heater in winter!

Yep I'll keep my old truck. At least when the heater quits working I know why. :tu:

Yes I have the same problem here. Instead of letting the A/C unit do it's job, she turns the temperature way UP or way DOWN depending on if she's too hot or too cold .. she thinks it will get better "faster" if she sets it to an extreme temperature.

Yes I have the same problem here. Instead of letting the A/C unit do it's job, she turns the temperature way UP or way DOWN depending on if she's too hot or too cold .. she thinks it will get better "faster" if she sets it to an extreme temperature.

Haha, yes. i keep telling her that the car will get to 72F degrees before it will get to 80F degrees, but she still cranks it up there...in manual...

Like all women, mine lacks an inner thermostat

Either the house is too cold or the bedroom is too warm

Either her car seat is too cold or my car's A/C isn't blowing cold enough

Most nights I sleep in the spare master, most dates I prefer to take my own car & meet her there directly.

And if we're stuck together in the same space, I'll just open a window