When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what makes the sosf a super rep?

tyrantblade

It's a super rep because its one of the FIRST super-reps. Although parts are not completely interchangeable.. it was a great watch that came right before the big "1:1 copy" craze. It was also one of the first watches to offer completely unique serial numbers. Somewhere on here there's a thread of about 20 or 30 of us comparing numbers to see if they really are unique! Turns out they are :)

Great watch in general. Biggest problem is the crown stripping. Which is what has happened to mine :( Maybe I need to order a new one from Mary!

I wouldn't say that the one you'll be getting is a super rep.

The only "super" Sosf rep was discontinued years ago. This is probably the reason why you haven't had tagged pics yet.

I wouldn't trust Mary as far as I could throw her

Mary is a great dealer. Had many transactions with her and never had an issue.

She is sourcing the SFSO again, but yes, these are not the original produced SFSOs that got raved reviews and were considered super-reps. These do have the larger rehault and larger printed numbers. But hey, nice watch nonetheless for someone to add to their collection.

They aren't making the best version of the SOSF these days, and most likely never will again. Doesn't mean you can't get a nice watch, but forget about matching the quality of the old one...Not gonna happen :)

how can you be sure they won't come out with a new batch of super rep sosf's? Also what differences might there be between a super rep sosf, and an excellent sosf. Edited by tyrantblade

to completely stir this up... there is no super-rep of the SOSF...

heresy, some would say...but true, IMO...consider this: get the 1st gen with nickel-plated gen eta (problem: most came with eta dw and not breitling dw; but had a stellar dial; case wasn't the best)...after the 1st release came all the variations...and there ARE many variations, slight case difference, slight dial differences, etc, etc...

to really build a super-rep steelfish, you need to buy a couple of "the best" swiss fish reps and assemble the best components...there's another sosf thread where a bunch of us fish zealots describe the differences...

is it a good rep?...yes...great, no...the dial's concentric circles are not grooved enough to catch light...and only the black is close to its gen color...the white/silver and blue are way off...

personally - i assembled the best rep components and added a gen black dial...having the hands/pearl re-lumed, as we speak (not to mention a little needed jewel repair on a gen eta)...all said and done, it'll be about a 1/2 of a pre-owned gen...was the cost worth it?...no...was the journey rewarding...hell yeah...that's what this hobby is all about...

R-

I wouldn't say that the one you'll be getting is a super rep.

The only "super" Sosf rep was discontinued years ago. This is probably the reason why you haven't had tagged pics yet.

I wouldn't trust Mary as far as I could throw her

Why not? I've dealt with her and she seems pretty honest. She's not very cheap anymore, and, Josh for example , knows way more about watches.

They love her @ RWG.

Josh also shows versions of this watch for purchase that are no longer made and not available

Best to email any dealer about sfso questions / availability before placing any orders and insist on qc pics

Unlikely a newer version will ever come out as it is now an old model in both the rep and gen world they would rather rep newer breitling models