When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone who has crystal for SSD?(Jules Borel & Co. MG25-295)

deokhoon jun

A gen sd16600 crystal is 25-285 as I'm looking at one on front of me and is the same size as the new sd rep but the ssd was not correct and had a bigger diameter crystal.

I'm just waiting for some suitable gaskets to arrive from Cousins and then I will fit it on my sd 1:1....not! Model

A gen sd16600 crystal is 25-285 as I'm looking at one on front of me and is the same size as the new sd rep but the ssd was not correct and had a bigger diameter crystal.

I'm just waiting for some suitable gaskets to arrive from Cousins and then I will fit it on my sd 1:1....not! Model

And I hope that works too!

This crystal is not in the catalog yet, just put the part number in the on-line order form and it will find it.

Part number MG25-295 breaks down as follows:

MG - mineral glass

25 - 2.5mm thick

295 - 29.5mm diameter

I don't think they have a sapphire version but they are cheap enough that you could replace a bunch of 'em before you approached a total close to what one sapphire would cost...

This crystal is not in the catalog yet, just put the part number in the on-line order form and it will find it.

Part number MG25-295 breaks down as follows:

MG - mineral glass

25 - 2.5mm thick

295 - 29.5mm diameter

I don't think they have a sapphire version but they are cheap enough that you could replace a bunch of 'em before you approached a total close to what one sapphire would cost...

I got a reply from Jules. As belows

JB25-295 NO MAG $29.95 not in stock

>

>JB25-295-C MAG $29.95 sapphire

>

>JB25-295-C MINERAL GLASS $25.50

>

>JB25-295 MINERAL GLASS $25.50

What is different from JB25 and MG25

Onemore, MAG means a cyclops???

Edited by Deokhoon Jun

I'm regretting ever mentioning anything about this crystal. :whistling: This is my last word on the subject:

JBG25-295 is NOT the same crystal as the MG25-295. The MG25-295 is a generic flat mineral glass crystal which is 2.5mm thick with a 29.5mm diameter.

I'm regretting ever mentioning anything about this crystal. :whistling: This is my last word on the subject:

JBG25-295 is NOT the same crystal as the MG25-295. The MG25-295 is a generic flat mineral glass crystal which is 2.5mm thick with a 29.5mm diameter.

Thanks JMB

Do you have any idea about clark's crystal??

I actually dont want mineral one because it easily makes some scratch on its surface. It is gonna bother me.

Plase look once here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clark-Sapphire-crystal-Rolex-25-295-/250908191858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6b4b2c72

So what ever came out of this?

E

+1

I figured you guys were all barking up the wrong tree since the 25-295 is a rather standard Rolex crystal and one thing I know (which isn't much) is that the Sea Dweller, because of it's 4000' rating has a much thicker crystal.

I've still not heard of an aftermarket crystal for the SSD.

You guys need to quit taking your stupid pills for a few days and see if that helps. Justin has already explained it.

The SSD in no way copies anything Rolex makes, so forget about 25-286 or 25-295 Rolex crystals. They won't fit an SSD!

JMB came up with the MG25-295 from Borel and it fits fine in the SSD. I pressed mine in using the original SSD gasket.

photo.jpg

It's not as tall as the SSD V2 crystal and has no laser etched crown. It also has straighter sides like the gen.

If you don't like mineral glass, that's your problem and you're SOL- put on your big girl panties and get over it!

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this thread. I'm curious as to whether a sapphire version with the same dimensions as this Borel mineral version has ever been found specifically for the SSD. Likely not, as it would have come up by now. Thanks!

You guys need to quit taking your stupid pills for a few days and see if that helps.

It's not as tall as the SSD V2 crystal and has no laser etched crown. It also has straighter sides like the gen.

If you don't like mineral glass, that's your problem and you're SOL- put on your big girl panties and get over it!

Aren't we all here to help each other out?

Why didn't you just order the MG30-295 and get one 1/2mm taller if it's too short.?

• 1 year later...

Bumping this to find out if any of you guys have any results with any other aftermarket crystals for the SSD or BPSD

Here is my deal!

I just recently traded for a wonderful build my good friend was doing .. That was built out of some used BPSD parts he had!

Specs!

Gen Dial

Gen hands

Gen DW

Gen insert

Gen bezel ring

Gen retaining ring

Gen crown

Gen Rolex 3035 movement!

Gen Dive ext Incorporated into TC bracelet

BPSD case soften By Tagfan1 plus CG's worked by Tagfan1.... Lug holes drilled by JMB !

The crystal is a non LEC BPSD crystal ... But before Tagfan1 got it !.... The sapphire crystal was abused and received some scratches on the under side of the crystal

Which is a little bother sum ! It's the only thing that bothers me about this amazing build! But there's no direct replacement besides another BPSD crystal... Now they are a mod that can be done by ado1234 over at RWI ... Where he machines another rehualt to be able to accept gen spec crystal or WSO.... But it would be great to find a replacement here in the states that don't require sending my watch to the UK?

Any of your guys input? Would be highly appreciated!

7ad6ba757e1764b9258f9bbec05aa095.jpg

4d329929b6094cf9ee2b65e436376191.jpg

96e513f6a0df8ff0361b1b62d224fc64.jpg

acd7c3cb0347b2a526c6226e842bdeac.jpg

The scratches are hard to tell from the pics but in hand it's more visible!