When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friday/End of Week Wristcheck

ubiquitous

It looks like a patek 530, but there's just something off about it, especially the shape of the pushers and crown, and the dial lacking any sort of vintage silver patina. Also don't like the fact that the crystal is brand new.

?????????????? maybe its brand new ;)

patek-530-i.jpg

Edited by Gran

It looks like a patek 530, but there's just something off about it, especially the shape of the pushers and crown, and the dial lacking any sort of vintage silver patina. Also don't like the fact that the crystal is brand new.

Not perfect, but it looks pretty close to me. Here is a 1950s 530 for comparison

patek-530-z.jpg

well, stainless steel chronograph pateks are always different than their gold cousins in terms of shape randy (just see that it has lug holes), you have to compare apples to apples. Just take a look at the stainless Patek 96 shapes and you'll see what I mean. Don't be fooled into thinking that because it's a patek it means that they use an in house movement. These vintage pateks have a valjoux 23 ebauche, which is a very common movment. There's a lot of replicas floating around. Regardless, it's a nice watch.

I'm sorry if the critique seems harsh, but for such an expensive watch ($300k range), you'd really have to be extremely careful. The fact that it still has a pouch doesn't give it more credibility either, in fact, it gives it less

Edited by praetor