When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

'Watcher Modded' SD16600 so-called 1:1 Pics

watcher

Here are a couple of pics of my SD16600. This is probably as good as I can get it barring shaving down a gen insert to fit ! It has improved crown guards, a polished rehaut, a gen 25-285 crystal and better rep crown. The bracelet is from a Sub but the SEL's are better than the crap one that comes with it. I know it is still not correct but it will do for now.

I had to bond the gen crystal to the removable rehaut and then bond both into the case and it holds out water in the bath and shower! which is fine for me as it is a REP!

Enjoy the pics.

014-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

It looks great watcher! Did you take any metal off the rehaut when you polished it? I for one am kinda glad the HEV doesn't go through the case, it's just one less thing to seal/epoxy to keep from leaking. The HEV don't look too bad either. It could be a little more flush with the case but no biggie...

I do not understand why people think that just because the watch has a HE valve and is a replica it.should leak on water, that is absolutely not true, all of my water are water resistant including a 45 PO and the he is functional and has not beet sealed.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I have been told by 2 credible watch makers that the factory HE Valves Never leak,

just the way they come. I also have never seen any customers having leaky valves

out of the box.

If i am wrong, Please educate me. One the dealers was BK! ;)

He said i would be wasting buy time epoxy sealing the HE,

MM

I'm personally not saying that the HEV is GOING to leak....I'm just saying (like Jkay) that's it's just another HOLE in the case that COULD leak a few years down the road if the seal goes bad or deteriorates. Although in regards to this watch it doesn't really matter because the HEV doesn't go through the case as noted by watcher...

I have had an Ultimate DSSD, put into Bergeon Water Resistant machine, only closed with acetimer die, @ 8atm water come into the case from the HE valve (air bubble when the pressure is decreasing), Then

I have closed it with liquid epoxy steel and it has passe easily 10atm test :)

The valve on the Deep Sea operates incorrectly. It is a known weak point on the DSSD. At least the earlier versions.

@Tribal

The rehaut and glass were clamped together and then bonded round the edge with a superglue high strength glue which is waterproof. The complete assembly was then bonded to the case so it would be waterproof I guess .

The hev looks like titanium but may be steel I guess. It looks ok in the flesh but maybe a little too recessed.

I'm not hung up on it being a 100% perfect rep, I buy gens for that! But it has the look and feel to pass in many circles.

@Tribal

The rehaut and glass were clamped together and then bonded round the edge with a superglue high strength glue which is waterproof. The complete assembly was then bonded to the case so it would be waterproof I guess .

The hev looks like titanium but may be steel I guess. It looks ok in the flesh but maybe a little too recessed.

I'm not hung up on it being a 100% perfect rep, I buy gens for that! But it has the look and feel to pass in many circles.

Ok thanks, good work ;)