When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is it with the wall clocks around the wrist

gasebah

Cant go more than 42mm without feeling weird! I have a small wrist maybe 6.5" so Rolex is the brand that makes sense for me.

Its a shame. There are so many beautiful 44mm watches (repped perfectly might I add) and I can not touch them :(

On the other hand, for some reason I would feel comfortable with a bigger "Summer Watch" to wear at a pool or beach. Nothing crazy, but I do love Pams so I tend to buy them once in a while then flip them after a vacation or whatever.

I have 7 1/4" wrists which I think average for my 6' height. I'm about 215 muscular pounds and I feel as comfortable with my 34mm Tudor as I do with my 44mm PAMs. This is my comfort range. I wouldn't wear anything smaller than 34 or anything larger than 44. Most of the time, I grab my 36mm DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hublot_image.2531258.jpg

This is an example of too huge a watch (picture was found on the other RWG)....even so the V3 version of this might be a hit with the big wristed among us (even I find it quite interesting...huge but tempting watch)

hublot_image.2531258.jpg

This is an example of too huge a watch (picture was found on the other RWG)....even so the V3 version of this might be a hit with the big wristed among us (even I find it quite interesting...huge but tempting watch)

I actually think that looks pretty good. yes..It's kind of on the big side...but dont think It looks ridiculous like some of the bigger pieces. Plus I like the Hublot diver....good looking watch Imo.

Mike

• 1 month later...

I have always liked the look of small slim watches. Seems more skilled for a watchmaker to make a movement that fits in an old fashioned small case than the huge cases you see today. I guess a larger case is often needed for water resistance, but for a dress watch, I still think small and slim looks best.

I've generally sized my watches by how the lugs fit my wrist. As long as the lugs don't extend beyond the width of my wrist, the watch tends to look well sized. When they hang over to where the bracelet/strap becomes shaped like a 'V', as opposed to an oval, it tends to look ridiculous. I know that's subjective, but everything is, right? Kids like to wear jeans that hang so low as to render the act pointless. They think it looks great. Me? Not so much.

That being said, from a comfort standpoint (I have a 7.5 inch wrist) the classic 40mm diver is my favorite. For a while I was heading towards 45mm with the UPO, and a couple 44mm PAM's, Skyland, etc. They fit my criteria above, but I've since gone back to the 16610 and find it sooo much more comfortable. My "big" watch is now my 42mm PO and I find myself wearing it less and less as it's simply not as comfortable as the 16610 and 1680 in my collection.

Hi,

over the last decade watches have grown and grown in diameter. For me, having a very slim wrist for a man it partially ruins the watch hobby as there is only a very small fraction of watches I can even consider. I have to stop at 40mm in size. Anything else just looks ridiculous on my wrist (and on the wrists of some others who don't seem to notice). Today I have seen the Hamilton Khaki Base jump which has a diameter of 50mm. What's next? Pedulum clocks with a leather strap?

-Alex

crying-baby.jpg