When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you had a gen3035, what would you built?

ck5533

Personally I don't like datejust,and the only option for me is sub or sea-dweller!

To build a franken watch, a correct case(15xxx or 16xxx, not 16610 though) is a must.

Most of the dealers carry either older or modern models of subs. Nothing in between really unless you prepare to go with expensive one from NDT, Yuki or Phong. Perhaps send to our modder to mod!

Searching is continuing but stressful..................

Thanks for reading.

ck

Edited by ck5533

With a 3035 movement, I'd think it would be fairly easy to build a matte dial 16800. I'd use my Euromariner case with lugholes, but you could also drill lugholes in a WM9 case, or a TW Best case. These all have gen-like bezel assemblies which are nice. 4-5 years ago I built a 16800 w/ a noobmariner case- it's been a great WR beater, but alas, the 2834-2 eta needs to be serviced. Noobmariner on the right

P1000185.jpg

From what I can tell, Seans case will only take a 3135. If I had one (and I nearly did, twice) I would get a sterile sub case designed for the 3035, buy a dial from ND Trading and call it a day. For $2000 you have one badass franken, who cares if it's engraved or not? How is it different from having a gen who's case got destroyed?

As we told you before.. Etaswiss will NOT fit a 3035.

Use WM9 older version any good rep that fits a ETA 2836-2, which are also cheaper ;)

This is replied from Sean...........

HI CK,

My Sub case set 16610 only can fit ca.3135 or 3035 movement, not eta

movement. this case set sell for three till now, never have movement fit

problem.

Regards

Sean

why borther..the cost is going to be as high as the gen.. i would pass. the only Rollie builds worth considering are the vintage Daytona or 15X0 powered SD/Sub in my opinion..

I agree. Only builds putting a gen movement is to match a gen watch selling over $10k. (Daytona, DRSD, Red Sub, Comex, Milsub, 1655) After that, it's just too close in price.

My 2 cents, at least.

• Like 1

Here's a scenario

WM9 V1.5 case from Precious Time- $375-400, sell off the dial and movement

JMB to drill lugholes, $50, Omega can do this also

16800 matte dial from Yuki $178

Relume by PBdad- $100

Hands by Clark- $20

Gen crown and aftermarket tube- $100

93150 Bracelet and 593 end pieces- $200-500

This could run you as little as $1000 plus the cost of the movement- maybe $1500 for the movement- so around $2500 possibly

Here's a scenario

Relume by PBdad- $100

Hands by Clark- $20

This could run you as little as $1000 plus the cost of the movement- maybe $1500 for the movement- so around $2500 possibly

Good scenario which will run you close to 50% of a gen. $2,500 is nothing to sneeze at especially when you consider you could built a 2nd franken from the savings.

It reminds me of an earlier thread which attempted to define what qualified as a franken. I think once you have a gen movement in there, crystal, crown, insert, clasp... It's pretty damn near franken. I don't include the dial because of the prohibitive costs of sourcing some dials like a PN Daytona, Comex, Milsub or Double Red. I know in many cases the dial is key but just too damn expensive!

Here's a scenario

Relume by PBdad- $100

Hands by Clark- $20

Very good scenario indeed.