When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received pics of my rolexaddict build....

tabularasa415

So, I went all the way on this. His usual mods (josh 1655 watch, different hands, bezel, caseback, yuki dial etc), but I sourced a gen 6mm crown and tube, a gen tropic, gen insert -- and I think these "work in progress" pictures speak of his passion and talent for the 1675...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-32650-133165168037.jpg

post-32650-133165169761.jpg

I'm not familiar with the Asian movement GMT.. is there anything that can fix the gmt hand noted that the 24 hr hand be sync'ed to the hour hand given that it is a 1675 build. flex

I've got the DG3804 in mine and to make it more gen-like, I just set the GMT hand to the time (i.e. at 2am GMT is at 2 on the bezel, at 2pm, it's pointing at 14) and I leave it there and rotate the bezel to UTC.

I've got the DG3804 in mine and to make it more gen-like, I just set the GMT hand to the time (i.e. at 2am GMT is at 2 on the bezel, at 2pm, it's pointing at 14) and I leave it there and rotate the bezel to UTC.

What he said ;-)

God, those new Yuki dials are scary awesome. Now if they could just come with correct color lume. . .

Yes, they are great. I found a nice condition gen dial on the bay, but JJ told me not to go over $250 bc of how good the yuki dials are.

I think I would lower the height of the crystal a bit (so the bottom of the crystal bevel is closer to the top of the insert), but other than that :good:

The cristal is a gen and has the right specs, this visual effect comes from the insert angular design, this one is a little more flat so its top is a little bit lower

Edited by Rolexaddict
  • Like 1

I think the crystal looks fine, most 1675's sit this way including the gens ;)

Speaking of Yuki dials, has anyone here ever tried his 7836 bracelet? Its going for $200, and for that you may be able to source a decent gen and do some minor repairs so its no so streched out.

Awsome job!