When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thursday Wristcheck

redwatch

Just got my 351 titanium from the postman. Promptly put it on a Malio classic strap. The weight difference from the 359M I have is very noticable.. I like it ;)

post-21269-0-08137900-1331813784.jpg

post-21269-0-12066500-1331813783.jpg

• Like 2

Amazing photos, amigos, I'm ashamed to sully the lineup with this one, but I had to share what I'd done with my DateJust, and am still only able to use my iPhone for all net access...

photo-51.jpg

Some time back, JMB generously gifted me a project he had been working on to create an Oyster Quartz, and that came with a rather nice platinum sunburst dial. Originally, I ordered my DJ with a black dial, thinking it would lend the watch an 'everyday' quality. Well, after a few months, despite me filing the case and bracelet to 'reduce the bling' of the polished surfaces, there was something niggling me which I just couldn't put my finger on, when it finally struck me: The dial was, IMHO, too 'mundane' for the watch, and performing below the par of the rest of the watch. So I swapped it over for the sunburst dial, and am now 100% satisfied with it. Despite my intent for it to be a 'smart wear' watch, I still feel comfortable wearing it with jeans and T-shirt, and as I've had it since October, it still feels like 'my watch', rather than something new and unfamilar. But. It also now has what I can only describe as, that 'classic Rolex' feel, like the watches used when discussing Rolex: The purest examples of each line, rather than the less popular variations. Even though the platinum dial is 'fancier' than the black dial, it is no fancier than the rest of the watch: No one part overpowers another, it simply 'is'. Of course, it's still a budget DJ with no gen parts added, and I'm sure there are tells which an expert could spot at a glance, but I really don't care (as I never have about such things) as I'm simply happy to have brought my watch to its full potential. Real Rolex or Fake Rolex, it is still a Rolex, and at last, it is 'classic enough' to look and feel like one (IMHO) :victory: Many thanks again, J, as without your gift, the watch would likely have remained an occasional wear 'good enough, but nothing special' budget beater, but I couldn't stand to let the dial continue to sit in my parts tray, and I think it has fit in perfectly :good::drinks:

@TeeJay. Very interesting project. I'm not a Rolex fan, but I'd love to see more of this piece.

When I have proper computer access, I'll get some better photos with my camera, but this is about the best I can manage with the iPhone and an editing app :bangin: Sadly it doesn't come close to capturing how the dial looks to the naked eye, the black printing just pops off the shifting tones of the platinum :good:

photo-52.jpg

R: I noticed that, too, but thought I was seeing things. What the hell, Omega? Is it possible that the rehaut is pinching that plot in place?

It's close to the rehaut, but I don't think they touch. I will take( or attempt) a macro this eve when I get out of work.

Probably an easy repair...for someone else lol