When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cape cod polishing

alifizan

I really wanna get this off my chest and have it cleared up once and for all lol, I've been reading on here that people have polished there submariners or sea dwellers with this cloth, now when I polished my sub with it, the cloth completely removed the nice satin finish and left the whole watch with a perfect mirror finish and the brushed finish completely disappeared, it was just smooth mirror looking all over the watch, so what did I do wrong, did I polish it too much, well I managed to get the nice satin brushed look back after four hours of work on it with a fine satin pad

arrrhhhggg, keep cape cod away from brushed finishes, just for polished finishes only! The sub is mostly brushed, except for the sides of the watch case. You will need to rebrush, and you will need to rebrush in the right directions to restore original finish. Scotchbrite or brushing pads will do it jus fine, I prefer garryflex sanding blocks for rebrushings as you can decide the level of brushing, rough to fine.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

arrrhhhggg, keep cape cod away from brushed finishes, just for polished finishes only! The sub is mostly brushed, except for the sides of the watch case. You will need to rebrush, and you will need to rebrush in the right directions to restore original finish. Scotchbrite or brushing pads will do it jus fine, I prefer garryflex sanding blocks for rebrushings as you can decide the level of brushing, rough to fine.

+1

As I recall, the Cape Cod container warns against using it on unpolished surfaces. You can replace the original brushed texture with 5444-A (click pic for the link)

ofrei-1103.jpg

Is good also for the caseback? II have problems to restore the appearance of caseback

So guys, to remove the polished finish and leave a brushed finish what do you find best?

We have these in a variety of grits-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=268

and of course we have Cape cod at a very good price for registered forum members.-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=248

Offshore - Watch Bitz.