When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: Aqua Terra Small Seconds XXL replica

gran

Seamaster Aqua Terra XXL Small Seconds

Genuine:

Case Diameter: 49.2 mm (Lug wdth for strap 24mm)

NO Screw in crown. Simple pull out crown on genuine.

Slightly domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides

Case Steel

Dial Grey (dark)

Caliber: Omega 2211Manual-winding movement with small seconds at 6 o’clock. Geneva waves, circular graining, rhodium-plated finish gold plated engravings.
Officially certified chronometer.

Power reserve: 53 hours

Price: $4,320.00

Clasp: Not sure

genuineatssxxl.jpg

My Replica from Narikaa (Reg)

drgranomegaatssxxl.jpg

Positive:

Size: Close enough case size and shape etc

Dial: OK to great. but appears darker than genuine. Genuine dial is more greyish at an angle and the TUXEDO stripes on the dial appear more distinct for this reason alone on the geuine.

Omega logo: too smiling like in the olden days

Print/name: Reasonably similar

Face of the watch: A reasonable approximation, sub seconds appear less balanced on dial the the genuine but hands and metal minute indices are reasonable in size and shape

Movement: Beside the 0000000 serial number and that wrong style "Etashoc" is used, this Asian movement is well designed and well marked

Power reserve: mine keeps going 48 hours after winding so that must be good

Buckle: it is nice, but genuine is simpler with engraved omega logo.

Price: 88Euro or was it pounds wink.gif TTK will know

Seller: Narikaa (Reg) is fast and effective man.Very positive experiencing to buy from him. No problems there (he must have forgotten I once banned him for two days)

Negative:

Crown is inferior but is not far from the original as I originally tougth. It is not screw in just as on the genuine.

Too hard to wind (but not a problem)

Case-back side is the worst part of this STEEL version. (Many errors in using stamps for the gold versions but then thats a plus on the gold reps)

Case-back crystal appears inferior to me

AR: Not good enough but at least its clear.

Strap is a good approximation and also use the red inside stitches, feels too thick and solid/rubbery

Conclusion: This is more than a a reasonable replica for the money and will likely run forever. On the wrist its a winner. But gold stamps on steel version case-back are unforgivable errors on this version (but is OK for the other two new gold replicas in this series). Screw in crown is lacking?. AR could be improved.

These are REGs own pictures of this replica. It looks and feels better than these pictures. He needs help in taking pics.

utennavn1kopi.jpg

• Like 1

I think the gen doesn't have a screw-down crown. Wouldn't make too much sense with a manual winding watch anyway. Also on the official omega page there is no mentioning of a screw-down crown while it is mentioned on the standard Aqua Terra.

Well! It is stated so some places

Maybe You are correct as it makes little sense

look here

http://www.chrono24....--id1964548.htm

1964548d_xxl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

UPDATE 18.10.2013:

I have now seen the AT XXL genuine watch close up and even had it on my wrist. Sorry no photo as it was at an airport shop in Brussels.

New Info:

1. The crown is not screw in on the genuine just as it is on the replica, but obviously the crown and threads etc. are not identical.
  2. The dial on the genuine is more greyish at an angle and this enhances the TUXEDO lines on the genuine. Replica dial appears darker (more smooth?) and its tuxedo lines are thus less distinct at most angles.
  3. Genuine has SS case so nothing special there.
  4. Seeing the genuine movement, the replica movement on my version of this replica has very much the same look and darkish coloured hue.

To my surprise, I must say that the replica is surprisingly similar to the genuine.

granoatssmeshb.jpg