When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project Closure...

ubiquitous

It's always a treat to see the results of your patient love-affair with the Panerai past - recreating what would normally be museum-pieces from new stock....

Your work has progressively changed my outlook concerning the aesthetics of these watches and has been nonthing less than a gentle re-education of how I look at them.

May you keep up the good work and continue to show us the fruits of your labor, Randy!

Did I also mention that you're a friendly and helpful guy?

Thank you everyone for the very kind words.

This watch is one that I rarely wear. It's completely wrong with regards to comparing with a genuine 3646, but as it is one of my very first projects, it carries a lot of sentimental value.

The project began with a 183 Blackseal case. Since there weren't any 47mm Radiomirs around at the time, I had to make do with what was available. The dial is a wm dial, as is the solid caseback. I have been collecting parts for this one off and on for well over a year, so, by adding the crystal, I feel a sense of completeness. I was going to have the lugs replaced with soldered wires, but I've since changed my mind in that regard...

The crystal measured a little south of 37mm (I think?)... I gave it a brief measure, but didn't note what the final measurement was. Fitting was a breeze... Just popped out the old crystal in a press, and pressed the new one on. Nice and straight forward. No trimming or filing... It sits nicely above the bezel... A nice, unique look.

So, in the end, I have a neat little hommage. It was fun building it... And, maybe now I might even wear it ^_^

Thanks again for the kind words... It's always a treat to share with my friends here...

Kindest regards,

R