When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Schmolex! The Seiko Spring Drive 600m

grew

With everyone so fascinated with Rolex no one has really paid as much attention to IMNSHO the greatest dive watch out there! The Seiko Marine Master 600m (SBDB001). It is honestly a fantastic design but the nerd inside of me gushes at the engineering marvel of the Spring Drive movement. Which uses an electronic brake instead of a traditional escapement to unwind the mainspring at a constant force (correct me if I am wrong). My watch is accurate to 4 seconds a month. I just think more people should think about Seiko Spring drive watches when they think about purchasing a luxury watch.

DSC_9004.JPG

No question the Seiko Spring Drive is perhaps one of the most horolgically significant movement in the last 50+ years. Technologically speaking it SMOKES Rolex.

Great watch!!! Is that also also a GMT!!!

I honestly cant think of a watch that I would like to own more than a Spring Drive Seiko. The one above Is stunning to say the least.

I hope one day to purchase a Ananta GMT. Wont be anytime to soon unfortunately.

Something like this would do quite nicely.

:wub:

post-19368-0-33421000-1333625234.jpg

I am with you grew. Amazing piece of horological technology. I truely admire Seiko for pursuing new developments and technologies where most other companies are just playing with appearance.

Great looking diver there. You are lucky to own such a great piece. I now officially hate you :):lol:

The high end Seikos, MM and Ananta, are true tehcnical marvels. However I have never really got to like them. Design wise, they are too similar to their cheaper sliblings. I guess some finds this rather an advantage. :)

For instance, the hands does not extend all the way to their registers, making accurate reading difficult. The dials are also a mess of different type fonts and hand styles.

Never the less, nice watches and kudos to Seiko for being a true innovator! B)