When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what tool to use to remove bezel retaining ring?

janeto72

I am getting ready to disassemble my TC Sub to remove the rehaut engraving.I have popped off the bezel, bezel insert,washer and spring but I have not removed the bezel retaining ring yet.

I need to remove this next so I can get the crystal and crystal nylon washer out to allow me adequate access to remove the rehaut engraving. What tool would I use to remove the retaing ring without destroying anything?

On some cases, a knife blade may not fit in between the ring & case, but a razor blade in a window scraper will. In some cases, I have spent 20 minutes working a window scraper blade around a ring before I was able to create enough space to move up to a knife blade. You just have to be patient & work carefully &, eventually, it will come off.

I am getting ready to disassemble my TC Sub to remove the rehaut engraving.I have popped off the bezel, bezel insert,washer and spring but I have not removed the bezel retaining ring yet.

I need to remove this next so I can get the crystal and crystal nylon washer out to allow me adequate access to remove the rehaut engraving. What tool would I use to remove the retaing ring without destroying anything?

Hi

How did you go about "popping " the bezel? Mine wont rotate so is in need of some TLC. ( 16610 sub )

Thanks in anticipation

Dennis

A large cutter blade, a watchmith hammer, introduce the blade between the case and the retaining ring, start at 12 for example, use the hammer (gently) and process at 3, 6 and 9. The ring should lift itself. Of course it takes a little time

So once the retaining ring is off will the crystal just pop off? Thinking about it I need to re align my crystal on my tc sub as it is out slightly and starting to annoy me.(my fault its out)

yes you can push it out with finger pressure or rotate with finger pressure

I scratched the hell out of my TT yesterday with a razor removing my retaining ring :( if you have another method of getting it off lemme know

your lucky you didn't remove any fingers......