When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

crazy prices in the trade section ?!

Star69

well i have just bought a BK sub never ever thought i would be so impressed with a "rolex" rep glad i bought it will prob stick some gen parts on it but then i will prob also order a TC sub cos it does look sexy

Agree. Then I would understant an increase for discontinued lucky watch, i.e noob explorer II which could be considered "rare". But for a TC or BK Sub with a few of gen parts that could be easily found cheaper on the bay it's ridicolous, but could fool noobs that don't want to spend hours reading posts about who has the best Sub.

I have to agree some of the prices are pretty steep. unfortunately, some of the folks here are not really using their heads, thinking from their hearts instead. Personally, looking at a few posts in the past few days of guys building 16610's with rep cases, but everything else genuine, I'm afraid they are going to be in for some real disappointment should they decide to sell. When you have almost 100% of the cost of a genuine invested in a rep, you are never going to get your money back short of parting out the watch. A rep is a rep is a rep, no matter how many genuine parts you put in, it's not a genuine.I'm not trying to change any minds, just reminding folks that while that "Superfranken" may be the "Grail" at the time, most of us are flippers. We aren't satisfied with what we have if there is something different out there. Keep that in mind when you make the decision as to how much you can afford to pay for a build.It ain't what you pay for it, but what you can sell it for later, that's the key.

I have to agree some of the prices are pretty steep. unfortunately, some of the folks here are not really using their heads, thinking from their hearts instead. Personally, looking at a few posts in the past few days of guys building 16610's with rep cases, but everything else genuine, I'm afraid they are going to be in for some real disappointment should they decide to sell. When you have almost 100% of the cost of a genuine invested in a rep, you are never going to get your money back short of parting out the watch. A rep is a rep is a rep, no matter how many genuine parts you put in, it's not a genuine.I'm not trying to change any minds, just reminding folks that while that "Superfranken" may be the "Grail" at the time, most of us are flippers. We aren't satisfied with what we have if there is something different out there. Keep that in mind when you make the decision as to how much you can afford to pay for a build.It ain't what you pay for it, but what you can sell it for later, that's the key.

Yep. I personally learned the hard way. Went all out on this superfranken Tudor Sub.....Big mistake. The only thing not real was the case. I had a buddy who had a line on a 9411 case for dirt cheap that didn't pan out. As a result I had this beauty.

http://www.rwg.cc/to...__fromsearch__1

Decided to sell it and was way off. No one was willing to pay almost half the price for it. Ended up parting it out. In the long run I actually came out ahead by parting it out.

agree that the price are unreasonable high but as long as someone is willing to pay top dollar for it.......as i sold my wm9 v3LV i was directly posting that is overrated and too expensive....still it was gone in a few minutes. When I look at some sales threads over 1k for "superfranken" (what a word...) with gen parts than you might say with a reasonable price breakdown it is fair. But my opinion is still that the price follows the demand. Have you noticed that 1 year ago everybody most people were happy with a noob ? suddenly someone starts selling modded noobs at high prices but still bks wm9 were still the top sub reps and more and more people started buying gen parts. in my eyes the demand for truly replications is increasing and therefore the price as well. take it or leave it or wait 1 year and the hype for the 16610 will be gone (for the major part of forum members) as fast it has arisen. The market will regulate it self. the more TC subs were on the market the less TW will be sold (there are only a few geeks like me that want to have every version) and (not in one year) the prices will decrease because there are so many highly modded watches on the market and it want be rare anymore.

as long as everybody is willing to pay top money nothing will change....we do influence the price with our buying behaviour ;)

well i have just bought a BK sub never ever thought i would be so impressed with a "rolex" rep glad i bought it will prob stick some gen parts on it but then i will prob also order a TC sub cos it does look sexy

who is TC

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Is TC Sub the same as WM9 v2 Sub?

I haven't been following things lately... just asking to update my old guide.

Hi B.

No its better, its more of an wm9 V4 ;) it takes all gen parts without modding. Crown position is like gen and like i said it takes all gen parts inc movement without modding. CG 'sare also spot on, take a look at the link (tc blog) much fun reading!

I agree with a lot of what has been written here. I think another part of it is the "WOW, I can't believe he sold his for THAT! Hmmmm, mine's similar, I wonder if I. . ." Particularly when it's the hot watch du jour.

Admittedly, I fell prey to this recently. I've built numerous franken datejusts using all gen parts but the movement and hands, both for myself as well as other fora members. A member on another forum sold one last Novemeber for nearly $1000, then recently one that didn't even have a gen bracelet (or even clasp on it) sold for $800 in MINUTES. I jumped on that wagon to get funds for a current build. I too probably would have done better parting it out. Greed? I might be guilty. Opportunistic? Guilty as charged.