When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Sub: Tudor 79090

dbutlerman

So it turns out that I have a fixation on Subs - I've had a couple of Franken Omega POs - sold them - and then bought the Gen. Had a Franken Rolex 1680 - but it I think that the gen's price tag made it a little too expensive for me to wear, so I sold it - and decided to try something else. So, I bought DOXA 1200T - and it wasn't quite me so I sold it - and replaced it with....this - a beautiful condition Gen. Tudor 79090 from around '94m and I feel this one will be with me for quite a while:

79090_4_23_12_1.jpg

79090_4_23_12_2.jpg

79090_4_23_12_3.jpg

79090_4_23_12_4.jpg

79090_4_23_12_5.jpg

• Like 1

For real?! Was actually considering that one as well! Nice deal and I'm happy to find out it went to a good home! :)

Yup. The guy was really cool too! Answered all my questions, and I had a ton. And it was in waaaay better shape than he described. A seller after my own heart. Undersell the watch and there will never be a unhappy buyer.

Awesome watch! I think you will keep and wear this one :)

Thanks! I can now join the Tudor family

God that's in amazing shape, looks stunning, smashing pickup!

Yeah, II was difficult to tell from the sellers pics, but I talked to him a ton prior to purchase. I think if everybody invested in nice DSLRs, the watch prices would really go up!

The more I see these Tudor subs, the more I like them! Good work!

Do it! Lots of great options out there!

WOW!!! :drool: Great pick up!!!! Congrats!! :tu: It is in fantastic condition too!!! You scored big on that one I think!

I think I did too! Have to admit your snowflake is what really drew me in to Tudors! I was going to just build a Franken of this, but the price difference was to minor....

Very nice score :tu:

Thanks!

Beautiful looking Sub db.

Congrats...wear it in proudly and in good health :)

Thanks mana,

Awesome piece! If you are going to stick with one amazing understated watch this is it. I so want to get a Tudor sub. I hate you now ;)

I agree, that's what drew me to this over doing another 1680...it's much lower key I think.....

With Tudor's.....you can't just have one!

Trust me on this, now you need a rose dial.....and then a Monte Carlo...and then...... :)

That is sooooooo true, there's always another Tudor to acquire :lol: With Rolex, there's never really been much variation in dial layouts, but Tudor really embrace variety :)

Beautiful watch. You can't beat the Tudors IMO. They sort of fly under the radar, so folks will not assume it's a fake like they do if you are wearing a Rolex, even if it is genuine! Another thing, although the prices have been rising, they are still a good value. Wear it well

Yup. The guy was really cool too! Answered all my questions, and I had a ton. And it was in waaaay better shape than he described. A seller after my own heart. Undersell the watch and there will never be a unhappy buyer.

Sweeeeeeet! No wonder I was surprised it was that same watch - never thought it would be in this superb condition! :good: