When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul's So Called Perfect Sub Or Ttk's Sub

freddiep

I am contemplating a sub and not sure if I should order the Wo-mart "So called Perfect Sub" or TTK's Sub. Any input would be appreciated.

Let me help you before some on this board rip you a new a**hole. Pick your dealer first, that means pick a dealer that gets back to you quickly, has quality watches and ships fairly quickly. I'm sure you would be happy with a watch from any of our dealers. It is entirely your choice. I got my Sub from Josh at Perfect-clones, he has one that has the CG's modded and is serviced and waterproofed. It's a little more money but worth it. Good luck and welcome.

Have ordered 2 watches from Joshua. The price of his "perfect sub." is keeping me from ordering his. I have looked at TTK's and Paul's Subs and not sure which one to get.....

Try this:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=256

Andrew's new/improved, cheaper model of sub has the same case, crown, bezel, etc as the more expensive "perfect" ones. And the new nickle-plated ETAs instead of the gold. :D

Choosing between Paul's sub and TTK's sub is mainly a matter of asking yourself which movement do you want. ETA or asian 21j? TTK's asian 21j is regulated and the one that I have is spot on. But I don't know what I'll do in a year or two or three when it needs servicing. With the ETA, you can always get it serviced.

FWIW, I think that TWG and TTK have the same sub w/ asian 21j and Paul, TWG, and EL have the same sub w/ the ETA. At least the cases on TWG's, TTK's and Paul's are the same and the other details of the watches look the same.

You're looking at opposite ends of the reliability spectrum, with TTK at the good end....Paul's reputation is` spotty at best....Neil is sometimes less than responsive, and sometimes slow to deliver, but his watches are always top rate and very fairly priced...

I ordered one from TTK last week. By-Thor has written a review on this watch and looking at the price it's a very good buy. I read somewhere that in case the asian 21j fails you can always swap it for an ETA.

I tried wo-mart first but, asked some questions by email, which was 2 weeks ago, and did not have an answer till nw.

TTK seems good from what I read here. Placed the order apyed and am waiting for delivery now. I don't know if he sents me another mail saying it has shipped as I did not hear anything after the payment.

Guest aclaimsman
I ordered one from TTK last week. By-Thor has written a review on this watch and looking at the price it's a very good buy. I read somewhere that in case the asian 21j fails you can always swap it for an ETA.

I tried wo-mart first but, asked some questions by email, which was 2 weeks ago, and did not have an answer till nw.

TTK seems good from what I read here. Placed the order apyed and am waiting for delivery now. I don't know if he sents me another mail saying it has shipped as I did not hear anything after the payment.

I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and heard nothing until yesterday when he wrote.

"Hi....just to advise you that your ordered item has been fully inspected and has now been despatched.

There is no need to acknowledge this e-mail, but I would appreciate notification of you receiving the item.

regards

TTK "

You will hear from him.

You're looking at opposite ends of the reliability spectrum, with TTK at the good end....Paul's reputation is` spotty at best....Neil is sometimes less than responsive, and sometimes slow to deliver, but his watches are always top rate and very fairly priced...

I'd have to agree. It's TTK all the way!

--Bearcat

I am leaning that way, but I can not get him (TTK) to respond to my e-mails. I have some additional questions for him and it has been 3 days since my last e-mail and he has not responded. Has anyone else had this issue?

3 days.... :mellow:

Try five months,.. :black_eye:

I say lean waaaayyy back, No, Run in the other direction... Any other direction...

Try this:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=256

Andrew's new/improved, cheaper model of sub has the same case, crown, bezel, etc as the more expensive "perfect" ones. And the new nickle-plated ETAs instead of the gold. :D

I just sold my earlier model ETA Sub from Trusty; a beautiful watch but not enough rehaut, so I'm looking for a 'higher league' model.

Now I saw your beauty (from Josh ;-) as well in the 'Perfect Submarineers' post. What's the big difference with Andrews' new/improved model that made that investment worthwile for you? Is it the professional overhaul, the rounded edges, ... ??

To counter that I've had good experience with the 21J and poor ones with 2824's! Both my 21J noobmariners run +/- 6 secs / day and seem to work well, sure they are not the last work in refinement yet they keep ticking!

I've had problems 3 times now with 2824's with poor regulation, poor lubrication and dirty movements.

I picked up a replacement Asian movement from CousinsUK that was spotlessly clean and lubed properly all for $9 delivered... go figure!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty new and am going out on a limb posting a response, but what the heck, gotta start somewhere ...

I recently made my first purchase of a YM from EL ... I picked my dealer first, choosing someone who was responsive to my inquiries.

I like the looks and price of TTK's Sub's, but based on what I see on his dealers section, he is out of both the 074 and 075. I emailed him expressing interest in a couple of 074's for christmas gifts (email, not PM), to see if he planned on getting any more in, and have yet to hear back from him.

I'm not bustin' his chops over it in a public forum, just sharing my one and only experience with him thus far. He did just have a loss in the family, and it takes time to get back in the swing of things, I know from 3 recent experiences.

I heeded the pick your dealer first advice, and had a very pleasant experience with my first (of proly many) purchase.

Good luck with your hunt!

EDITED to add ... just ran accross a TTK post stating he did have them in stock, and was leaving to go home for the holidays on 12/8 - I sent another email inquiry on his subs now that he is back in the swing of things after his loss. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Edited by yepme

• 4 weeks later...