When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's 'all the rage' these days in women's pieces?

What's up gentlemen, I have a quick question for you guys. For men, some watches are all the rage, like the hub lot big bang, many Rolex models, a couple nice Brietlings, and you can't go wrong with a nice IWC, Panerai or Omega. Personally, my favorite rep is probably the Brietling Seawolf Avenger with a grey dial because it comes from the dealers with a factory eta movement, it has brushed steele and lets be honest with each other for a second, it's gorgeous.

But my question remains, what about the ladies? Some of the Cartier's are nice. What specifically are the best reps that will last the longest? What might a women with good taste find pretty? Of those pretty reps, which ones are the best quality?

Some might think that asking a bunch of dudes this question might be ironic, but I don't think that at all. Most of you guys, know the deal, and some of you guys definitely know the deal, so please, inform me if you would so kindly.

Thanks!

Edited by david.the.marvelous

Maybe off topic, but a lot of the younger women in my area started wearing men's watches... I'm talking like 39-42mm luxury style, metal bracelet, man watches.

It's kind of cute honestly, the contrast in dial size to wrist makes the women look so dainty.

But other than that, I bring nothing to the table :(

I bought this for a girl. Only I got the black dial stainless bezel version. Looks more "clean" it was appreciated... Trusty sells them.

post-21269-0-45004800-1335877445.jpg

My wife stole my Vacheron Constantin Overseas long ago.

She also enjoys the Cartier Pasha SeaTimer, no rubber strap .. all stainless, as well as the Ulysse Nardin Diver

All of these in white dial.

Oh, as a point of reference, she is six feet tall.

For a woman, you cannot lose with Chanel or Cartier quartz.

+1

Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods, the women seem to love the Michael Kors "Fashion Plate" watches. Some of which are Daytona Homages.

Thankfully, my wife prefers her: Gen Tutima, Gen Breitling SOH 38, Gen Vintage Doxa Ladies, REP Cartier. She has also been know to reach for my 1675, 6263. :)

Chicks love anything that says "Chanel" on it,the J12 is always a winner.

That said,showed my black dial gen 6.75 to a chick friend of mine,who happened to be wearing a white dial 6.75. LOL. Guess broads are digging everything big these days. ;)

• 6 months later...

The "thing" in ladies watches right now is definitely oversize. Michael Kors in particular, Guess, Kyboe, TW Steel, J12 and all the homages, ToyWatch, Triwa and what have you. Hell, I even reckon more women buy Daytona's than men these days! I'm sure it will wear off at some point, but like "mastrmindalliance" said, it's a pretty dieharded trend.

I guess it depends on the type (and likely age, too) of the individual. My experience is, the younger, the bigger. Exceptions occur of course. My 27-year old girlfriend has a small Rolex Perpetual-style Croton she use for work, and an Invicta Speedway Daytona homage for off-work use. She likes both. I've bought a Cartier Tank (genuine) for her which probably will be her dress watch.

Seems obvious, but why not ask her what she likes. Go shopping with her, bring her to a watch dealer and take note of the watches that interest her.

Which TD's have a good selection of ladies watches? I'm not finding much on perfect clones.

PC has the biggest selection I've seen. Please show me someone with more?

I have just started checking out watcheden.net which may have a lot.

In New York we have watched women go from old Rolexes to Chanel's and now cheesy large gold watches. I looked closely at one and the women's designers have figured out this opportunity. They are marketing them directly. Basically they are selling $50 reps with their name on it for a few hundred dollars and the women are being sucked in.......genius. :)