When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Bergies wont see the year out. Buyers now becoming rediculous

KB

@Woof you need to think like this...

A watch dealer has watches from the more popular brands and maybe Rolex and Panerai they stock 20 odd watches but the other will be far less.

Louis Vuttioun have more bags and wallets than that alone, then there are scarfs, shoes, runner, suits, etc etc etc

Now add Gucci, Chanel, Armani, Prada etc etc

What my stock consists of is more than all the watches from all the dealers together, nobody here has the time nor patience to be an expert on all of that, so I need to trust that my suppliers are selling me the best and 6 years of history says they are.

I totally dispute the claim that the goods sent to abasf are different, it's a claim he never made in PM, what everyone is referring to in his other thread is nothing but lighting, camera flash or background colour, his claim was always supposed to be poor quality.

Ken

KB,

I understand what your saying and I believe you 100%.

What I'm referring to is these buyers behavior. It's over the top illogical and just plain immature and rude.

You buy a copy of anything for a quarter of the cost, why would you expect 100% the same quality and features?

Then...unhappy and knowing its against the code and ethics of the board...you decide to file a claim with PayPal over a few bucks.

Ruining commerce for the rest of us? I just don't understand people like this.

What Ronin mentioned.. a vetting process..is a good idea. Maybe a form they read, a disclaimer they sign before they buy.

now as for your idea of expensive clothes being a show off of status and money, what about all those rep watches... you think we buy them because of there asian craftsmanship?

I belive that people who wear expensive clothes and etc. want to show off their status and financial power. If it is not the main reason they buying such an expensive product? What else?

What is the reason you buying replica?

For watches, I belive its true that for some people In the forum, they buy replica of expensive watches to show status and money, but not all of them are like that. I believe there are also lot of reasons why people in the forum are buying replica watch. For example, Modding (it will be crazy to mod 5-6k genuine watch), test how it feel before buying the genuine, or solely to satisfy their appreciation of fine watches and etc.

Currently I don't have any replica watch, but I already ordered one. Personally I buy replica (Panerai) because I want to know how it feel wearing it daily before I buy the genuine. Buying 4-5k watch can cost quite lot of money for a student like me, so I need to think it very carefully before buying it. And honestly, I am thinking of buying expensive watc, in this case Panerai, because I like the design and for some sort of social status too.

William

Stop making a laughing stock outta yourself dude. All this moaning and bitching over $120, a trivial amount in today's money that can hardly buy you a Gen. LV pair of socks.

After shipping twice to you, he still offered a full refund after receiving his merchandise back. You seem to never have shopped online before.

One more thing:

Had you been on other forums (run by A***oles like RG) you would have been banned in a heart beat.

Here we have two textbook examples of the join date elitism and extreme group think that make this forum suck. All noobs are bad. Don't sell to noobs. Noobs are all the same. Noobs ruin the hobby. Blah, blah, blah. Feel free to take that broad brush you paint with and shove it up your ass.

Not sure where this comes from :huh: I joined last year..

I consider myself a noob on here too, after a few months and a few hundred posts I am just getting to know the place properly, I don't feel like I am being attacked or bullied or that I spoil things for others on here. I have read lots of great info on here from more senior members reviews, tech information, etc etc. I have also read a lot from 'noobs' just like me, I may be a 'noob' here but in the real world I have quite a bit of life experience behind me, most often problems arise when people have too high expectations of what they will get for their hard earned money! Like I said in this thread if you want Gen then buy it don't expect Gen quality for Rep money....not gonna happen ;)

How you act or react when you have a problem on here does affect other people in ways that you cannot imagine, Paypal for instance is the only way I will deal with anyone, if someone focks up that for me it will be a pain but life will go on, for Ken I imagine it would be a royal pain in the [censored] for him...what I'm trying to say is that whether you are a noob or not it doesn't matter its whether or not you can deal with any problems that can come up in a mature manner, as a buyer you dont ask for problems but if and when they do occur have a bit of common sense and of course patients too...my 2c over :inverted:

Let me just state the problem is not noobs in general, we still get many excellent new members joining all the time, the problem is those that think they can use this place like wall mart.

Ken

Ken and other sellers,

I am curious if you have a vetting process for your buyers. It seems to me that sooner or later, if this sort of thing keeps happening, it is inevitable.

Either that, or a a detailed "TERMS" that the buyer must agree to. (It might raise the awareness, and make them think twice).

Although there seems to be a lot of bad apples these days, I hope we don't let them spoil the bunch.

"a vetting process" or a vetting process of some sort. yes...I like this idea.

Really a shame Ken...you offer the menbers here a good/very good product. I know this first hand. Unfortunately some will never be satisified unless It's as good...or better. ;) as the genuine article. These people have no business buying anything replicated. They need to purchase the real thing or lower there sights on actual Items they can afford or willing to purchase.

Im sorry you're having to deal with this bull [censored] Ken. It would be a real shame to lose you as a trusted rep goods dealer. a real shame Indeed.

All the best mate.

Mike

I have bought some polos on different occasions from Ken, some the quality was better than others, but Ken has always been a gentleman in sorting out any issues that I was not happy about. People must keep in mind that theses are fakes are not discounted swag.

ken this is amazing people can be so picky.. I'm a 'newb' I admit it, but I don't just go expecting everything to be EXACT!! I use the SEARCH function and look at other members who purchased similar things, and positively reviewed them!!

Case in point, the LV Roadtser bag, I saw people positively reviewed it; so I want it now!!!

if this ruins my chances of getting it, I will be very upset!

lindsaylolsodacanyqxj8.gif

bbscarf3xbqe3.jpg

It doesn't look like the buyer got what was pictured. I've never bought rep clothes or accessories but I'm assuming the process is the same as with watches. If I was sent a watch that was not exactly the same watch as in the QC pics then I would'nt be happy. That doesn't mean that my expectations of reps is high, it just means that I expect to get what was agreed upon.

It doesn't look like the buyer got what was pictured. I've never bought rep clothes or accessories but I'm assuming the process is the same as with watches. If I was sent a watch that was not exactly the same watch as in the QC pics then I would'nt be happy. That doesn't mean that my expectations of reps is high, it just means that I expect to get what was agreed upon.

Totally agree.

It is obvious from those pics. Ken is a middleman,from what i understand. Those pics sent to the seller,and item shipped,neither had to do,with Ken. Correct?.

To be fair, as the middle man (if he is) he is still responsible for anything he says or claims. By sending false QC pics, its technically a bait and switch scam. Both buyer (for filing a pp dispute) and seller are wrong in this instance in my opinion.

I can see why the buyer is soo angry though. If I payed those prices, I would expect the very highest grade replicas. The scarf in that picture is pathetic, honestly they sell higher quality replica scarfs at boot sales for £2.