When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Baby - The 1665 GWSD - liking it a lot!

Mapman57

Mmm thats no T39, more like a T127 with no cyclops. How can that be ...?

P.

P.

Yeah..on second look, not what I thought it was.

P.

Its a T39 service dome plexi (fantastic clarity in real life - pics are distorting the angles/size a little due to macro lens?) and a modded MBK DRSD 5.7 million series case set and a whole lot more..........

Any guesses on the crown, insert and pearl?

;)

SDC15926.jpg

Hmmm.

I have a gen service T39 on mine. I don't have the same bevel your crystal has.

I got mine from Mark Greenberg in Rolex packaging. I'm not saying yours isn't, just not seen one like that.

Beautiful dweller you've got :)

390a80c5.jpg

Hmmm.

I have a gen service T39 on mine. I don't have the same bevel your crystal has.

I got mine from Mark Greenberg in Rolex packaging. I'm not saying yours isn't, just not seen one like that.

Beautiful dweller you've got :)

390a80c5.jpg

Many thanks Woof - that's interesting. I have a Phong flat T39 plexi that is supposedly built to Gen spec and has the same profile as yours. I honestly do not know what this is so am as interested as anyone to establish what it is.

The pics are not great, but it has fantastic clarity and is certainly 'different' in appearance to anything I have handled as a Rep or aftermarket part. YOu can tell in some pics that the plexi almost is invisible, like it has AR :nono: But of course that is silly.

I researched the subject and found reference to a GS Supplies(?), aftermarket T39 medium dome that seems to be a possibility?

Anyhow, I like the look and the clarity a lot more than the Phong flat T39, or Clark T39 Superdome that I tried.

Not familar with GS, but the more I look at yours the more it looks like the Clark medium. That's a pretty expensive crystal, like 70-75$ as I recall. See if you can find it on eBay and take a look. I have a Clark T19 in one of my subs and you'd be hard pressed to see a difference in clarity compared to the other gen T19's. I do think the gens are harder to scratch though.

hmm i wouldnt say the insert is gen but its hard to tell the details from the pics, pearl looks great tho. crown doesnt look gen either maybe a TC or wm9 crown?

MBK dial

hands are aftermarket for sure, possibly yukis

....and why would you say the insert is not Gen? :nono:

You are correct on hands and dial ;)

Interesting - thanks Nan - never heard of that one before.

I have a Phong service T29 and a Clark Superdome, but I kind of like this?

Maybe the Phong flat service T 39 will be a better option, but the clarity on this is superb. :g:

Edited by Mapman57