When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Home after a long journey

redwatch

Some of you may recall my white dial Franken Rolex DateJust that I bought from Wheaton26 about 2 years ago. Financial constraints forced me to sell it off and it was purchased by Sweatdogg. He in turn sold it to Topoky and I unfortunately missed the sale. :doh:

I must admit I have greatly missed this watch and have mentioned it several times in various threads. Well fate conspired and last week Topoky contacted me to inform me that he was probably going to be selling the watch. Now, I really didn't have the extra funds for this, but I couldn't pass up another opportunity to buy it back. After some creative accounting, I managed to get together the money and paid for the watch.

Well today it has arrived home and I couldn't be happier!!!! :tu:

d7298b0d.jpg

For those of you who haven't seen this one before, here is a list of the parts:

Gen Dial

Gen Date Wheel

Gen Case & Caseback

Gen Crown & Tube

Gen Gucci ETA 2892 Movement

Gen Jubiliee Bracelet

Gen Bezel

Clarks Crystal

Rep Hands

Watch was assembled by stilty.

• Like 1

A stunner (& permanent classic) for sure, Red. :good: This is 1 of those must-have pieces that every serious collector needs. At some point, you ought to consider swapping the ETA out for a gen movement. If you ever let this 1 go again, you are certifiably nuts.

A stunner (& permanent classic) for sure, Red. :good: This is 1 of those must-have pieces that every serious collector needs. At some point, you ought to consider swapping the ETA out for a gen movement. If you ever let this 1 go again, you are certifiably nuts.

+1 about the gen movement and selling it

Man guys, it's a Gucci eta movement! And a 2892 to boot- that's as good as the 3135 according to John Holbrook!

The only thing that would make it better is a white gold fluted bezel- those engine turned bezels just don't do much for me.

Look at this fluted bezel on my $62 silix special

rol0721.jpg

But hey red, it's a beautiful watch, wear it in good health

Man guys, it's a Gucci eta movement! And a 2892 to boot- that's as good as the 3135 according to John Holbrook!

The only thing that would make it better is a white gold fluted bezel

Totally agree. Tricky part is finding one and finding one for a decent price!!

Thanks for the compliments guys! Very happy camper here!!!

beautious, S!...wear it well...

not familiar with the gucci eta movement thang?...what's the story on this?...(I should search - yes, this i know)... :g:

btw - if you need to offset the cost of this one, keep me in mind should that new silver dial B franken you scored bores you... ;)