When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of week wristcheck

ubiquitous

31 years ago, I was undergoing major heart surgery, and according to my mother, today was the date, so I've decided to make this a re-birth day :) I bought myself a DateJust for my last birthday, so I'm wearing it today (the 16610 will be back on my wrist tomorrow) No pics still, but here's a breakdown to aid visualization:

Fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet combo.

Entire watch has been 'gently aged' to be approriate for a mid-80s vintage.

Silver sunburst dial courtessy of JMB (many thanks, J, I know this wasn't the original plan for the dial, but it's certainly given the watch an even more personal feeling :good::drinks: )

• Like 1

Cool, T, as long as you made something with it!

Giving this one some time, rarely wear it...

Looking good, J :good::drinks:

I haven't given up on the custom DJ, it is still a backburner project, but I decided to try the silver dial out of curiousity, and I love the results, it really does have that 'Classic Rolex look' to it :) (ironically, I have a book showing a photo of a Japanese tattoo master, wearing the exact same combo :lol: ) I just wish I didn't have all the computer/image issues, which prevent me putting up suitable pics :bangin:

but I decided to try the silver dial out of curiousity, and I love the results, it really does have that 'Classic Rolex look' to it :) (ironically, I have a book showing a photo of a Japanese tattoo master, wearing the exact same combo :lol: )

Would love to see this one bro :) Have you got a link to another picture that's the exact or very similar combo to yours?

Would love to see this one bro :) Have you got a link to another picture that's the exact or very similar combo to yours?

This isn't 100%, the shape of the hour markers isn't quite the same, the minute marks line up with the tips of the hour markers, the lugs're a bit chunkier, and my date wheel is white, not cream, and my dial is more of a rhodium finish, but it's certainly close enough to give you an idea of how it looks :)

8.jpg